Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the sally t headboat trip by like 5 min last night. I pulled up and the boat was leaving Early it was like 4:55. So i said o well and headed out to seagull to try my luck. I fished from 5:30 intill 8:30. I did not catch any fish but this man who was fishing with a Gummy shad caught atleast 12 while i was there. I had to help him net most of his fish because they were so fat! Most of the fish were between 17-26 inches. Had some folks out there begging for every fish he got. What really ticked me off was this woman went into MY tackle bag and grabed a strom shad out. She came over to me and was like can i have this i wanted to be like bitch dont you ever go in my tackle box again with out asking. Instead i smiled and said sure you may have that. Anyone else ever have someone go into there stuff while you fishing??

·
Registered
334 Posts
Man shes lucky it wont my stuff Ive had too many things stolen from my tackle box I just woulda asked her what the he!! she was doin and thrown her off the pier or something. I hate when people touch my stuff unless its someone i know or give permision to get somethin out of it. We've had tourists come up to our rods while we were cobe fishin and they've picked them up and held them for a photo op. I mean just where is every ones common sense???:jawdrop:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I've had the same thing happen to me at seagull while tog fishing. A bus full of people came and started walking along the pier and a few of them stopped and started reeling in the lines that were on the fence. Me and someone else were like what do you think that you are doing? They gave us a funny look and walked away like we offended them. Some people just don't get it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
one night at chix I was wading, a kid grabbed my tackle box on the beach and started running toward the path. I started running out of the water screaming and cussing, he dropped my box right next to the dune and kept going! PUNK KID .I also met a carribbean guy fishing at the lesner apparently he didnt like the lures he brought, so he kept asking me for lures, once is ok but unless you one of my buds, dont ecpect for me to give you a new lure everytime you get snagged. he had already bummed a 19 in black drum from some other guy!!! I would have thought they were friends, but he told me he was from out of town and by himself.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yeah the same thing happened to me as i think it has happened to everyone. i was out at lynnhaven around 2 am and the fishing was pretty good. so as not to be in anyones way i took only what i needed and left my stuff about 20 yards away. i had a little spot and i needed to go to the bathroom. so i left my pole knife and bait next to this guy i was fishing with that i just met. when i got make my bait was gone and my knife. so i ask the guy and he said that this guy and his kids took it. so i told him that if i didn't get my stuff back his kids were going to see me throw him off the pier. he had one of his kids give me my stuff back and he said that one of them thought i was gone and forgot it. why would i leave and not take my pole too. anyway the nerve of some people the secound u turn ur back there taking ur stuff or in ur spot. well i am getting pissed off thinking about it so i am going fishing. i will report later what i do. going out to CBBT

dan lee

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate it in the summer when tourist knock over my heavers. I get so ticked off and there is nothing you can really do. Most of the time they do not even say sorry thats what really pisses me off.

·
Registered
135 Posts
MAN I HAD MY KING RIG ROD PICKED UP AND START TO BE PULLED IN ONE DAY OUT THIER ABOUT 7 TIMES BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE LIKE LOOK FISH. I REMEBER ONE DAY ME AND GOAT WERE OUT WITH CAROLINA ON THE PIER AND PEOPLE DID THE SAME THING TO HIM ALL DAY...

·
Registered
35 Posts
BRANDON

Let me start by saying i wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. Hey 8nbait, long time no speak. Brandon if you find the time call me you should know my number. If not i will call you tonight. Hope to find you in good spirits. Your friend James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts