Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ignore any date you hear until it’s actually open. I have a friend at Skanska that told me how far behind schedule they are. I’ll be 32 in a week and I’ll be lucky if I see it back open before I retire from the Navy

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hoping they take into consideration into making it a prime premiere fishing pier
they’re not. They bid fraudulently and don’t know how to complete the job they said they would do. Only thing they are worried about is not losing their asses

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the new pier would be better producing if the new one ran somewhat parallel and closer to about 50 yards off the island and the span itself for better casting access to the structure for sheepshead, flounder, spades, drum, etc. The old pier was okay, but it didn't seem to produce much consistently. It was sort of positioned in a "dead area".

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think the new pier would be better producing if the new one ran somewhat parallel and closer to about 50 yards off the island and the span itself for better casting access to the structure for sheepshead, flounder, spades, drum, etc. The old pier was okay, but it didn't seem to produce much consistently. It was sort of positioned in a "dead area".
The pier is still there, just not open. Ther is not going to be a new pier. Never was going to be a new pier. The old pier will reopen after tunnel construction is completed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The pier is still there, just not open. Ther is not going to be a new pier. Never was going to be a new pier. The old pier will reopen after tunnel construction is completed.
I stand corrected. I was under the impression the pier would have to be demo'd to accommodate the tunnel expansion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts