Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Seagull Wednesday without any luck. There wasn't anyone having any action.

Someone had left about a dozen Shad in the middle of the pier.Man that infuriates me to no end! They aren't even thinking of their own fishing future when they do things like that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Like the time I walked onto Seagull pier and found a hapless black drum laying on its side in the hot sun next to some fisherman. The fish was taking its last breaths before death. The fish had gaff wounds and was pretty much a goner.

When I bitched the guy out about this he matter-of-factly asked me why I was getting so uptight and said, "the fish is not edible, and I had to get my hook back".

What a moron and an idiot. I felt like caving in his face with my fist. He killed this beautiful large fish for the sake of a $1 yama-what-ever-it-is-called hook!

Lou

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I was about to say black drum are good eating!! At least the ones in FL are ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
It is so wierd how some people will say a fish is not worth eating. I was recently told that puffer fish and blues were garbage and not edible - some other people told me they are both great to eat.

Just like in fresh water I know so many people that catch sun fish and either squeeze them to death and throw them back or throw them on the bank to die - THOSE ARE DAMN GOOD FISH TO EAT!!!! Fillet them up and fry them and there is no difference between sunfish and bluegill (almost :))

I agree - it is terrible to see any kind of fish or animal wasted. Even carp (some people even eat them) are worth returning to the water. The only thing that keeps me from being too pissed is that something eats them - either birds or racoons so nothing is wasted really, but in the case of fish at least if you throw them back they may live and someone else might get the thrill of catching them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts