Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We caught nothing but roundheads, spot, and skate. The spot were small but it made a good live bait with the exception of it only catching skate that day. It was slow and very windy.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Well they are better then nothin I fish for stingray in NC and i really like it but I have to agree about skate. I herd you can eat them I caught one and eat it ugggg the worst it was sour and its flesh flaked in to strings like venison stew.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Yeah, I think it was Cutter that did the same thing that night. I think they were trying to make little skate. That's all we need!!!!!:rolleyes: Did you run into Miss I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT FISHING lady that was out there?? I was taking the hook out of somebody's skate, and this lady sat there for 10 minutes trying to tell me it was a clear nose ray. I finally got tired of listening to her, so I walked away with her still talking. That guy Adam that is always up there tried to warn me about her, but I somehow managed to run into her anyway..

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yeah, I think it was Cutter that did the same thing that night. I think they were trying to make little skate. That's all we need!!!!!:rolleyes: Did you run into Miss I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT FISHING lady that was out there?? I was taking the hook out of somebody's skate, and this lady sat there for 10 minutes trying to tell me it was a clear nose ray. I finally got tired of listening to her, so I walked away with her still talking. That guy Adam that is always up there tried to warn me about her, but I somehow managed to run into her anyway..
I have not seen her but there is a guy I see there almost every time I go there he got all pist at me for using braid and is just a jerk grrr if I see him out there I go on the other side of the pier.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Did it have any mermaid purses attached to it? That would have put her in her place. Skates lay eggs, rays have a live birth. j.m.2. c.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts