Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out around 5am this morning to Seagull Pier with a few others. Stopped by Ocean's East and picked up some Frozen crabs and bunker to toss in.

Lines in the water about 5:30am and very slow for the first 2 hours. Around 7:30 - 9am, the bite wasn't too bad and I managed to pull up two stripers 21" and 26" on some cut bunker using a fishfinder rig. After that, the water stopped moving and not a thing. Left the pier around noon and headed back home.

The 21" striper was very skinny and the 26" went about 6#'s. Thanx to whoever helped me out with the drop net landing the one striper.

Saw one other schoolie striper caught on clam I believe, a few smll sea bass and 1 Tautog on crab beside the fence.

Hope everyone else had a good morning!

Dixie

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
GOOD

jod Dixie719 for the report , gotta gud mess for dinner n Im sure it gon b mmmm :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dixie-

You left at just the right time. I showed up at 12:30pm, and nothing, nadda, zip. Nobody was having luck.

The lady working the counter in the restaurant said that some stripers were caught a bit earlier in the morning. To be honest, I didn't believe her. :D

Glad you had some luck. Guess I was a few hours late. Nothing new there.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
WHAT , You didnt believe that lady:) heck ya dont think she woulda fibbed do ya :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts