Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going to Seagull this year. My questions are: If I am coming from Norfolk and heading across the CBBT which lane do I need to be in for pier access? Also, is the turnoff for the pier at the toll booth? If not, about how far past the toll booth is the turnoff?

Are the restroom facilities open 24 hours? Or are there porta potties :eek: available for 24 hour access?

When it comes to fishing, are there any designated makeshift emergency pitstop areas I should avoid setting my gear up at along the pier? :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
After you pass the toll booth get in the right lane and exit before you get into the first tunnel. Restrooms are 24 hrs, the restaurant closes at ???. If E-pitstops means pissing off the pier, follow your nose.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10/4 Shoeless. The nose knows! :D

Thanks for the info! :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Another thing about Seagull (if I remember correctly). There are no benches to sit on. However, there is a step-down that runs along the edge of the pier. While not as good as a bench, it is suitable for sitting. The main problem with it, is that if you bring your own chairs, you have to set them up further away from the railing, due to the step. (Check out the picture under Hot Spots for an idea of how the "step" looks).

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ropiv

Thanks for the info!

Can you answer a couple questions for me? What is customary to do: put coolers next to the railing or on the concrete next to the step up? Other than when uncrossing tangled lines, do anglers walk down the pier along the concrete or do they walk down on the wooden step up?

Thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Croaker fisherman!

Well that sorta leaves me out. :rolleyes: At some point I'll most definitely be going for a big fish. So where would one place a 150 quart cooler if they plan to bring home a trophy? :p

Thanks!

·
Registered
315 Posts
SS if your after "the big ones" at Seagull that would be Cobia and Shark. You'd cast your heaver out at the end of the pier, called the "T" and all of your other gear goes to the rear of the "T" (out of the way). I'd bring a bait/food cooler but leave the big one in your truck untill you land that trophy. You can get the cooler after you weigh the fish at the scale and get your citation. The only thing at the rail will be a line of rods.
Good Luck

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks butch. Those are good tips I'll keep in mind. I don't think I'll be in the running for getting the all elusive "C". At least not this year. Sure would be good to have one to mount though. Now sharks, that's a possibility. They're frequent lurkers around piers and beaches. You don't have to seek them out, they basically come to you. Chances are I should have no problems hooking up with one this year. But they'll definitely be catch and release only.

ropiv "skate repellent" is my middle name. I'm good at keeping the undesired away.

Thanks for the tips!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts