Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got double skunked this weekend. Things looked to be good with the winds kicked up.

At Lesner, there was another snag added near the first red light at the boat channel that was not there last week, maybe a tree branch. Saw a couple striper caught and that was it.

Seagull was very windy. Left at 11:00 PM since the seagulls were so thick you could not cast. Saw lots of birds caught. Maybe four to five stripers total. A couple fish were accounted for by a guy throwing a sting silver at the beginning right of the pier.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Fish'n Phil,

Thanks for the report/post. I fished an hour at Croatan (south side of Rudee Inlet) yesterday and went fishless in Hampton Roads this weekend as well :(

Either we "ain't holding our mouths right" or the strong front that blew in Thursday night post an unusual week of warm weather has the scene somewhat shutdown. Things should start to get right from the look of it.

I just wonder if anybody else fished this weekend ? Given the lack of fishin' reports/posts, folks also got skunked or are holding their cards close to their vests ;)

Regardless fish or cut bait,

`bucket

·
Registered
53 Posts
Normally doing the boat thing. Saturday morning towed it down to the marina but couldn't work up the verve to go out in the wind and waves. The Old Man and I parked the boat in the driveway and got out the "Blue Wagon" and headed to Seagull Pier.

After a few hours of getting skunked fishing for stripers, some other fisherpeople came out and shared their stash of fiddler crabs. Several near hits, broken lines, and even one broken rod later . . . the Old Man pulled in a pretty 4 1/2 # Tog (photo at http://www.geocities.com/hawghvnva/).

Hopefully back onto the stripers next weekend!

HawgHvnVa
aka The Fat Man with the Blue Wagon
aka The Fat Man on board the Any Minute Now

Weather don't matter. It's all about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

·
Registered
53 Posts
That sometimes happens when there are a lot of hits. Since I post a couple of boards, it happens. It's a freebie site so they limit the traffic. Check back later - they reset the counter to allow people back in.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I saw two fish caught at 2nd street early Sat morn......they were both under 28". Cut mullet on a fish fonder rig. One dude insisted that the regs were 28" in the ocean IF you are in a boat, and 18" in the ocean from shore....I didn't argue cause I'm not the expert nor the enforcer....I asked my fishing bud at work this AM and WE even argued...that is until he checked the internet...........I guess to err is human.
Heard there is an excelent bluefin bite about 30 miles out..(fingers)..I know that's a lil far to float a bait, but just some info in the event you have a boat or 1200.$$ to rent one.

Loudog

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Lesner last nite!

I was out there yesterday from 4 to 7, not even a dink.. got skunked for the first time this year...fished from the left side to the right side of the bridge on the ramp side... saw one striper in the 20s' pulled in using rattle trap blue and chrome... saw only a few people out there other than that, the wind was brutal.... packed up and head home for some cognag to warm my soul...

crawfish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts