Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
dress warmer than you think you need. The 2nd place fish was caught on a bloodworm in the last one I fished in. 15 hours fishing with my son and we averaged 1 skate every 3 hours, lol. take chairs, a tarp to block the wind, small propane grill for hot food, etc. you will meet alot of fishermen and fisher ladies out there.

·
Registered
998 Posts
they usually try and have the tourney on the coldest windiest day of the year!;)

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
what are the prizes for winning this tournement?
I'm not sure what the prizes are. You'll have to check the link up there for that. To the best of my knowledge, it's based on the number of participants. At $5 a head, it's definitely not going to be much if they award cash prizes at all. It would be more of a "bragging" rights thing. I might fish it just for the hell of it. I mean, what's five bucks to fish a tournament. Most tournaments around here are in the 200-300 dollar range for basic entry. I fished an offshore tournament in Aug., and I'm planning on fishing a striper tourney in January, so this one will be fun because it gives me a chance to be "competitive" for basically no cost. If I had to guess though, since it's so cheap, there will probably every moron and his brother fishing this thing, LOL!! I never heard about it until this year, so I don't know exactly how it's going to be. I'll probably swing over there and check it out.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
They usally find the worst possible day to hold it on, as said cold and windy,,, the money give away may not be the biggest but lots of gift cards to shops sure do make it nice and as far as the Moron thing goes be carful cause I know and fish with most of them Morons and untill ya get to know them ya ain't allowed to call them Morons,,, now, I know them so I am allowed to call them Morons :D

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Hell, I might be one of the morons too Shooter!! You know I'd never talk about your friends... It's always the "other guy"... lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO ME,THE CRAPPIER THE WEATHER, THE BETTER!I can afford 5 bucks,im going to get out there and do some hardcore striper fishing for 24 hours! YEEEEE HAW!im gettin pumped up just writing about it.you'll see this mooron out there!usally im moreoff than moreon,anyway you can tell my spelling sucks.
Good luck to all that enter this turnny,your going to need it, cause I'm comming, and im going fish my butt off! ARRG MAITTE!

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Yeah, I'll be fishing it to Ian!!! Shooter, it was just a figure of speech when I said "every moron and his brother might be fishing this thing". Hopefully nobody took offense to it, but, if you did, that might tell you something about yourself....:D:p:fishing:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, I'll be fishing it to Ian!!! Shooter, it was just a figure of speech when I said "every moron and his brother might be fishing this thing". Hopefully nobody took offense to it, but, if you did, that might tell you something about yourself....:D:p:fishing:

Take it easy...Shooter is bigger,I'm meaner... and Eric looks out for both of us :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
A guy asked me one time "What does it take to become a good fisherman? I told him some good equipment, some good learnen from the old salts and the most important thing is some good thick skin,, cause if ya can't take the pokes and jabs your gonna get then ya might as well not go fishn" :fishing:

And besides if I was really upset you would be typen in pink and your avatar would be a pic of something really fugly :eek: :p

Besides, most of the guys I fish with think ABI-NORMAL is some hot chick and their fishn lic. is issued from the State of Confussion :D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
A guy asked me one time "What does it take to become a good fisherman? I told him some good equipment, some good learnen from the old salts and the most important thing is some good thick skin,, cause if ya can't take the pokes and jabs your gonna get then ya might as well not go fishn" :fishing:

And besides if I was really upset you would be typen in pink and your avatar would be a pic of something really fugly :eek: :p

Besides, most of the guys I fish with think ABI-NORMAL is some hot chick and their fishn lic. is issued from the State of Confussion :D
Shooter, standing on the beach/pier/boat talking does not equal fishing. Gotta shut that mouth and put a line in the water son...;):D

·
Registered
264 Posts
prizes

last year i won first in adult class and 2nd in junior class i ended up with :

$400 in gift cards

a lot of lures

2 shirts

6 rod aluminum truck rack

this will be my 4th year out there its not had to spot me ill probobaly be the
only 14yr old on the tee with 17 rods

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
remember once you get all suited its not gonna be enough. Take a car full of extra clothes as you will see that may not even be enough. If you happen to take to much you can always sell the extra clothes for 3 times what you paid for them as you never have enough on out there. That wind will blow right thru an anartic suit so make sure once you think your set to add another 3 layers and good luck as I might see ya out there

·
Registered
2,467 Posts

It's all light hearted fun man.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
remember once you get all suited its not gonna be enough. Take a car full of extra clothes as you will see that may not even be enough. If you happen to take to much you can always sell the extra clothes for 3 times what you paid for them as you never have enough on out there. That wind will blow right thru an anartic suit so make sure once you think your set to add another 3 layers and good luck as I might see ya out there
I know that's the truth. I just got home from the pier, and it's already getting cold out there. Wish I had dragged along some thermals. With a heavy sweatshirt and a jacket, it was still a bit nippy to say the least!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Sharkman i mean sharkboy,you got a couple of more years before you get to put em rodracks to use,congrats on the win last year,your gonna have to step your game up this year if you want to win,cause im coming and im gonna fish hardcore for 24 hours YEEEEHAW,see yal there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts