Pier and Surf Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh, please hook me up, which "river rig" thread. I love a good laugh.
Its in the bible and has 800 post. Great thread with lots of bs and good info. JAM should take a look at how his buddy River handeled himself in that thread. You just couldn't get him pissed off. Whether you think the rig is any good or not old River showed himself to be a class act. Just my 2c

·
Registered
462 Posts
Its in the bible and has 800 post. Great thread with lots of bs and good info. JAM should take a look at how his buddy River handeled himself in that thread. You just couldn't get him pissed off. Whether you think the rig is any good or not old River showed himself to be a class act. Just my 2c
I will check it out, work is so very slow. I never heard of a river rig. I'm a Carolina rig fan. That and I mostly use lures. River does seem like a great guy the few times I encountered him.

·
Registered
730 Posts
You've never heard of the river rig? Then you will be amazed at how much hate and discontent a few feet of line and a couple hooks can cause.

·
Banned
2,922 Posts
Which "comments" are "valid"? Hope you don't think I'm getting valid comments mixed up with standards of conduct.
I'm talking about ALL of the comments being "valid", when pertaining to seeing how each of us react and how we respond to, and treat, others.

"Standards of Conduct" are what we should be comparing our actions, reactions, and interactions to and learning from it.

We don't have to "like" everything we read or see, but we should control how we act, react, and respond !

·
Registered
462 Posts
You've never heard of the river rig? Then you will be amazed at how much hate and discontent a few feet of line and a couple hooks can cause.
It must be a northern thing. Anytime I read about fishing in the Carolina's I am rather dumbfounded. I hear talk about 13 ft rods, 4 oz weights and crazy rigs. In Florida I go with 7 ft, 1/2 oz Carolina rig. Fish must be closer inshore and the tide/current much less of an issue in Florida. Snook in particular are very close inshore, I catch most in 20 inches of water.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm talking about ALL of the comments being "valid", when pertaining to seeing how each of us react and how we respond to, and treat, others.

"Standards of Conduct" are what we should be comparing our actions, reactions, and interactions to and learning from it.

We don't have to "like" everything we read or see, but we should control how we act, react, and respond !
So you think false and defamatory comments are valid?

·
Registered
429 Posts
It must be a northern thing. Anytime I read about fishing in the Carolina's I am rather dumbfounded. I hear talk about 13 ft rods, 4 oz weights and crazy rigs. In Florida I go with 7 ft, 1/2 oz Carolina rig. Fish must be closer inshore and the tide/current much less of an issue in Florida. Snook in particular are very close inshore, I catch most in 20 inches of water.
The river rig is essentially a hi low rig that uses fluorocarbon and no hardware.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I figured by page number 6 or 7 it's time to give this animal a different space to roam in.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I can't jelly my... nevermind.
maybe not the place.

I really have nothing to add.. except that I was just knocking around Craigslist and saw this ad.
Almost called the guy, until I saw the reels were baitrunners. Immediately thought of this thread.
JAM said never, ever buy baitrunners.
Ever.

https://easternshore.craigslist.org/bar/4864073587.html
For others who might be considering that purchase, please quote where JAM said never, ever buy baitrunners. Ever.
Thanks.

·
Registered
462 Posts
"I have not seen a Bait Runner/ Live Liner worth its salt. They are Garbage, too much going on, with too many places for sand to get."

"Been Selling Tackle for 13 years now and I won't have any part of bait runner, I don't want to sell things I know will be back broken before the weekends out. "

"We do not even carry any Bait Runner's in our Shop, in any line, reason is they Break and sand gets in everywhere."

"I think Bait Runners are Crap"

-Jam

Using context clues I'd say Jam very clearly doesn't think people should be buying Baitrunners.

·
Registered
626 Posts
"I have not seen a Bait Runner/ Live Liner worth its salt. They are Garbage, too much going on, with too many places for sand to get."

"Been Selling Tackle for 13 years now and I won't have any part of bait runner, I don't want to sell things I know will be back broken before the weekends out. "

"We do not even carry any Bait Runner's in our Shop, in any line, reason is they Break and sand gets in everywhere."

"I think Bait Runners are Crap"

-Jam

Using context clues I'd say Jam very clearly doesn't think people should be buying Baitrunners.
I must have fallen asleep in that class, right after I learned that context clues are supposed to help you with a word you don't understand. Among the many things he said that you so eloquently brought here, where he said "don't buy", escapes me, and everyone else on this planet with the decency to not have it in for him. Matter of fact, he could care less what anyone buys. You're just not going to buy said reels from him. One doesn't need a context clue to understand that. Or maybe you do. Now go back to class and read up on quoting what people actually say vs twisting what they say to further their own jollies.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I usually don't post to hype like this, but asking the forum to remove a post because someone else disagrees with your opinion. Wow! As I reread the post to make sure I didn't miss something I was shocked that anyone would act like a 10 year old. "I'll take my ball and go home". OMG really! I took the post right off that Jam was insulting anyone that owned any kind of bait-runner. Hey I don't know Jam but just throw a temper tantrum; lie on your back and kick and scream why don't ya. Come on man grow a set why don't you. Everyone has their own opinion and likes and dislikes. Ok I have a head-ache now.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.