Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fished the outside bar on the west side of the Lesner last night from 1900-2200 and was able to finally feel a jerk on the other end of the rod for a change. Tried to get to the bar next to the bridge first but with a ripping current and the tide still too high it was unaccesible except to the one crazy (Steve) that had a dry suit on (he reminded me of the "Wetsuit Guy" that hangs down at Chix). Anyway myself and Rick C tried the backside of the bar that parallels the channel and were able to pick up a couple of schoolies each before we headed back to the bridge. We fished around a BOZO in a 23' cuddy cabin with full curtains that was tied up to the fender next to the channel :mad: with a few other guys and picked up a couple more schoolies. Things slowed down and we went back out to the outside bar and picked up a couple more schoolies. Tried the bridge one more time before we left and caught a couple more this time with no boat in the way :D. No fish for the box but a good night for the C&R thing with the schoolies. We did hear from enough people to believe it that there was a short run of 36" fish caught the night before on the inside of the bridge out in the channel. Shoulda been here yesterday-the story of my fishing life.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd take just about anyone out to that bar to show them the where-to & how-tos but I'm not real sure the " Gloved One" would make it back to the beach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts