Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else wonder why the SC DNR website that's supported with our tax dollars and fishing license fees is forcing users to sign up for an account on a PRIVATE COMPANIES website before being able to access SC DNR fishing reports? This can't possibly be legal, can it?

Try it for yourself if you don't believe me:

SCDNR- Saltwater Fishing Trends

This is the webmasters email address if anyone else wants to ask them why "Anglers Headquarters" is being promoted on a state gov website"

[email protected]

Is Anglers Headquarters & A'hern Law Firm owned by the same individual or entity? (see attachments) Are they at least paying for this special treatment and placement on a government website? Is this treatment available to all business owners? If not, why not?

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Product Font Screenshot Circle Logo

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well ..... I do wonder.
I also wonder why anyone would go to, or reference the "SC DNR fishing reports" regarding true, factual information.
(assuming they are anything similar to NC)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Youd be hard pressed to find anyone that spends more time in the surf than I do. I know this is the case because im usually the only one with a fishing rod for miles in either direction, especially after it gets dark or a little chilly outside.

Ive been out 5 times in the past two weeks, and I came home with 2 keeper flounder with the largest being 17". In prior years, at this time of the year 10-15 fish with half of those being 18" or larger was the norm. This year its completely collapsed. During the month of Oct I was out almost every night and came back empty handed 4 out of 5 nights with no fish over 17"

I think this is the organization that dictates creel limits and fishing regs for both recreational and commercial. And if my memory serves me correctly, I found direct links to some of these people and the global commercial fishing operations. They've completely failed in their duties.

And to add insult to injury, commercial fishermen in NC are permitted to take so many that local wholesale buyers are apparently only paying $1.70 per lb for flounder. Thats just about what a 15 inch fish weighs, so our precious natural resources are being raped and sold off for next to nothing. 1000 fish for $1700 divided by how many hands?

Research "draggers" or "commercial drag net fishing" too if you want to be even more disgusted, or angry. The drag net boats have a huge cone shaped net with a 500-1000lb weight on the front that crushes everything it encounters. EVERYTHING else that enters the net DIES from being crushed and suffocated by all of the other fish. NOTHING is released alive. And these are apparently legal to use in NC 's estauries (THE FISH NURSERIES). They kill everything from all stages of the life cycle, from larvae to adult game fish, to crabs, shrimp and everything else that lives there.

About Division of Marine Fisheries | NC DEQ

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Youd be hard pressed to find anyone that spends more time in the surf than I do. I know this is the case because im usually the only one with a fishing rod for miles in either direction, especially after it gets dark or a little chilly outside.

Ive been out 5 times in the past two weeks, and I came home with 2 keeper flounder with the largest being 17". In prior years, at this time of the year 10-15 fish with half of those being 18" or larger was the norm. This year its completely collapsed. During the month of Oct I was out almost every night and came back empty handed 4 out of 5 nights with no fish over 17"

I think this is the organization that dictates creel limits and fishing regs for both recreational and commercial. And if my memory serves me correctly, I found direct links to some of these people and the global commercial fishing operations. They've completely failed in their duties.

And to add insult to injury, commercial fishermen in NC are permitted to take so many that local wholesale buyers are apparently only paying $1.70 per lb for flounder. Thats just about what a 15 inch fish weighs, so our precious natural resources are being raped and sold off for next to nothing. 1000 fish for $1700 divided by how many hands?

Research "draggers" or "commercial drag net fishing" too if you want to be even more disgusted, or angry. The drag net boats have a huge cone shaped net with a 500-1000lb weight on the front that crushes everything it encounters. EVERYTHING else that enters the net DIES from being crushed and suffocated by all of the other fish. NOTHING is released alive. And these are apparently legal to use in NC 's estauries (THE FISH NURSERIES). They kill everything from all stages of the life cycle, from larvae to adult game fish, to crabs, shrimp and everything else that lives there.

About Division of Marine Fisheries | NC DEQ
The solution is to fire every incompetent and prosecute every crook that's been involved in this offensive disaster. Then shut down the entire fishing industry for 5 years, and leave the recreational fisherman and their creel limits alone. Then start rebuilding what the commercial fishing industry and their accomplices destroyed from the ground up again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are just keeping stride with Washington, DC, pathetic...
Its a local problem as much as it is a national or global problem. I read an article last night about a commercial boat that was off the coast of VA recently. It had a malfunction with its net and it wound up dumping tons of fish by accident. There was huge bull reds all over the beach. And the writer said "they must have inadvertently scooped up a school of (monster breeding size) drum"......sure they did, at the same exact time they had an accident with the net.

I later found out that Youngkin (VA Gov) had taken a "donation" from the company that was involved in the accident earlier in the year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are just keeping stride with Washington, DC, pathetic...
And if you want to see whats being done with all of our precious fishery resources, just go to alibaba and type in "fish meal".....its sold for as little as $0.25 per pound for the 74% version. So a school of 100 huge 30lb reds (trout, whiting, croaker, menhaden) are being sold off as fertilizer for about $600-

If you want to be even more sick to your stomach do a search for "frozen halibut" or flounder. One company is registered in Russia, the source of the fish listed as "US Waters (so Alaska, WA, OR, CA). They'll sell these back to you for as little as $1- per pound.

Another listing "wild salmon", source USA, headquartered in Georgia (of all places), selling salmon fillets for $0.50 per lb.

The lack of fish is why 25% of the population doesnt fish anymore and the rest of the people probably fish half as much as they once did. This is what destroyed 1000s of restuarantsm marinas, bait shops, and everything else that once relied on the recreational fishing industry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts