Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SPSP 5 August

We got there about an hour before the storm hit close to 9pm, got some quick spot and perch in and packed up and waited out the storm. Started fishing again around 11:30pm and within 10 minutes I had a 28" rock reeled in off of bloodworm. Biggest fish I've caught so far was definently excited. 45 minutes later I caught a second rock off of shrimp which was the same length but no where near as wide, but it had sores all over its belly. Another 25" rock was hooked up before we left off of cut spot. All in all was definently worth waiting the storm in between the rocks we caught a lot of croaker between 14 - 18" as well.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Nice! All these reports of rock are getting me interested. I might have to take a trip out there next week and see what I can get!:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everytime we wait out the rain for an hour or two we get lucky, it let up just in time for high tide around midnightish. I was the only one who hooked up the rocks felt bad for the guys I was with :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think you meant to say SPSP? I was fishing on the east side at Kent narrows from around 7-9 and had no luck. A guy that was fishing there before caught an average size rock off of peelers. I knew I should have stopped at SPSP on the way back. Its great to hear you guys are catching stripers at SPSP. The storm looked quite menacing so we scratched our plans of stopping by...obviously we should have.

Smack-you were fishing at the point I assume?

-addicted

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Hey addicted I think that person you saw there was shaggy. He reported that he caught a few rock off of peelers after 6 pm yesterday. He is a short skinny guy with a mustache. Good guy!
Seems like yesterday was a good day for rockfish.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea we fished around the point, I believe we were the only ones there after the storms, they were pretty bad we almost packed up and left but they let up just in time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.