Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saturday report

hit the surf on the south side on the sandbridge pier today and only got a sunburn and an old crab pot. didn't see anybody on my end haul anything in, except grass and trash. much less debris in the water as the tide dropped. never saw any fish hoisted up over the side of the pier either, but everyone was out there trying. rumor was that some lucky fella caught a croaker in the sand on the north side of the park. who else has a local report?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was down at Sandbridge pier today also, and nooooo luck... Was there for a couple of hours. No one on the entire pier was catching anything, just a lot of crossed lines. Even saw a couple of 3 line snags. I did see 1 fish though... It was swimming on the top of the water on the south side of the pier. tried to be slick and cast near it but it still didnt want anything to do with my bait (Squid). Plan on hitting sea gull pier in the next few days. Probably wait until drum start running to go back to LI Pier.

Drumcatcher

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sandcasting, you have a pony tail? My wife and I were down there fishing one over from you I think. South side of pier, I had the fishmate cart.

We caught nothing either, We were there until 3:30. I experimented with fishbites on a finder rig. Reiterate weed and trash. I think I pulled in part of an old wool blanket at one point.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup surf n turf i do have long hair, but i was two over from you. i'm thinking about cutting it short in a show of support for our military forces. i was there when you arrived with your wife, fishing further south than anyone else. 3 hours was all i could take of no action, so i went home to watch the bball tourney. maybe better today.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey man, that's cool as hell of you to support the troops like that. i am actually in kuwait right now (formerly known as hokie on this board), and we appreciate all of the support and it makes us puff out our chests and feel proud to be an american. keep up the good work and keep up the posts, i am living vicariously through all of you who are catching fish in the surf.

·
Registered
270 Posts
yep so far so good! water temps still low though.

Saturday 29 March 2003 Forecast

Sunrise: 5:55 am UV Index: 5, Moderate Sunset: 6:24 pm
Moonrise: 4:47 am Phase: Waning Crescent Moonset: 3:31 pm
Averages and Records for Mar 29
Saturday:
More clouds than sun. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 50s.

65 °F 54 °F
18°C 12°C

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it figures that between the three of us, jam would be in the middle. next time if none of us are getting any action from the fish we should share some frosty beverages, instead of dunking bait. i think in the future i'll have to ask everybody fishing on the beach if they are p and s people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts