Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing the Bay Bridge area today with Anthony, FL FISHERMAN, and Nick (Jason's 4 yr. old son). After having to cancel two trips with Anthony we're finally geting together this morning. Looking forward to having Nick on board and him hooking into some rock and maybe even a trout. :) Will post results this evening with some pics of the youngest WARRIOR and member to the P&S family.:)

Catman.:)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The way I hear it.

FLF brought a Skunk onboard Catmans boat. Man Nick, thats grounds to Keelhaul him. When do you want to do it? I'll be more then glad to give you a hand. :eek:....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well......

I must have because we didn't get anything. But we heard on the radio that nobody else was getting anything either. Was a beautiful day. It was almost HOT. Too Hot! It must have scared the fish because nothing was showing on the fish finder either. Heard one guy on radio said he was going to troll through the crab traps just to hear is drag go off.:( It was that kind of fishing day. But can't beat being out on the water on a nice day like that. My son had a great time! Tight Lines!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Here is a pic

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
another pic

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
and another

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Jason, went fishing yesterday with my best friend an my "nephew" (calls me uncle) :) 3 yrs old an already has his own fishing rod. Couldn't get him on fish but he had a great time. Dad had to drag him away. Your son got his first rig yet? :)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Son is only 2, I bought him a snoopy pole late last year when he turned 2 and it was brok within the hour.:rolleyes: I give him a year and he should be ready for another one.:)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a great day to be on the water with temps in the low 80's and no wind at all and waves less than 1'. Water temp was around 60*. Anthony, Jason, Nick and me left the dock around 8:30 AM on a glass smooth creek. We started off fishing a few points in the creek that gave up some good rock two weeks ago to Jason and Triggerfish. We fished the area for about an hour without even a hit and nothing showing on the fish finder. Decided to try it later on the out going tide and headed for the Bay Bridge. NADA. Moved a little north to the lighhouse off of SPSP and marked a lot fish in 26' of water. Threw everything we had at them including live eel. The only thing we caught there was two crab pot lines. Decided to go back to the BB and jig the pilings. NADA. WE found some fish suspended in about 40' of water but that had lockjaw as well. The gas gauge was showing about 1/4 tank (30 gal ?) so we decided to run over to the BB marina to fill it up and run down to Eastern Bay. Got there and there was a yacht of perhaps 100' taking up the entire fuel dock. No problem, we'll run back across the bay to SPSP and fill up there. Turns out they are closed for the season so we decided not to chance the run to EB with only a 1/4 tank of fuel and went back to the creek hoping the out going tide would yield some fish. NADA. It wasn''t that we weren't trying, the fish weren't there. We fished all the way through both sides of high tide and saw very little current at all. It wasn't just us, nobody out there was catching anything. Aside from not catching any fish it was still a great day with some excellent company on the boat. Jason's son Nick seened to enjoy the ride. I think it was his first time on a boat. Man can that kid eat some Slim Jims. The only fish we had on the boat were the minnows we caught back at the pier. We'll get em next time.

Catman.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts