Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We only caught 1 pigfish the entire time we were out there. Saw a couple skate pulled ashore. Nothing else did we see.

There were quite few folks out there. It was cold out there. One of those nights when a hot thermos of soup would have been the ticket. But I'm settling for my heated throw, turned up to the high setting to take the chill off my bones.

Looks like the croaker and spot have left without as much as a "goodbye." Well, there's always next year. I most definitely plan on greeting them with a big smile on my face when next they return.

Lynnhaven pier will have their 2004 season passes going for $145 for the first family member and each additional pass will be $115 more. Sounds like a good deal. And the repairs should be finished by the April 15 or so next reopening date.:cool:

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Well I will tell you the spot are still at the lesner. I got a couple of rocks there too. One on a small spot I got from a castnetter.
As far as the weather I had a T-shirt and a light jacket and was fine. But then I'am warm most of the time.
I will post pic later today or evening.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Digger

Sorry I missed you out there. We were not fishing near the bridge. Was crowded a bit when we first arrived. We tried inside the Inlet as well as on the outside towards the Chix Beach direction. We saw a lot of washed up small black drum.

I spent a lot of time working with the cast net. Got wet and in turn got chilled from that. Had on a long sleeve T-shirt, a sweatshirt, a thermal hooded jacket, and a knee length ski jacket. Still froze my butt off. Probably the water coming off the castnet that got me so cold.

Anyway, we did have an ok time. Not productive, but ok anyway. Might go to Lynnhaven Pier in a few hours to round out the season. Since I've already sunk a fortune into the small amount of fish I have caught so far this year in total, what's a few bucks more!

If I go to Lesner tonight Digger, what position would you suggest I try fishing from for spot?

hope to run into some familiar faces out there tonight.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
hey

THRIf7y,, gimme a local ill snd a rokfifsh to ya :D :D

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You need to know a location to send it to? There's only one place I can think of azz I speak.

Take that rockfish and shove it .......ifn u no "where" eye mean. :mad:

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Water Temp is th key!

Kajun, this yr th croaker showed up end of march. Th key is ta keep an eye on th water temps. 53-55* is th ticket.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Well the little spot were being castnetted between the pole and the bridge. I would not be intrested in them for anything else but bait. The one that I'm posting a pic of was caught on a bloodworm (whole) rigged on a fish finder for Stripers. I'm not fond of bottom riggs close to the bridge from the landing side.
I would probably work the duck inn side for spot up near the bridge or back around the pilot boats, maybe even out a ways towards the pier.

Here is the pic of one of the Two Stripers and a Spot the other striper was 21 inches.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice stripers Digger.

I definitely wasn't fishing in the right spot. How were the other anglers doing around you? We left around 1:30 am. Probably near the mid point of the incoming tide.

Thanks for the tips. Didn't go out tonight. Will try and make it out tomorrow before our refrigerated bloodworms cease to exist.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
my saturday at lesner

Arrive around 5pm, fished until midnite.. caught 1 trout about 18in, 5 blues, on the left side on the bridge, left around midnite to a local bar for a few beers, got back around 2:30am... saw some people pulling stripers... i asked the castnetter for some spots... live-lined the spot.. a minute later got a bit.. pulled in a 25in striper... .. woke my buddy up to fish.... as doing so.. pulled in another one... gave to the castnetter... total of the nite... 8 .. gave away for.. brought home 4... they action is very good on live spot... . as tide was coming out. fished slow.. went home around 6... i saw a guy pullin one big one i'm guessing in the 30's... well hope to see you all there next time..

---------
crawfish

1 - 14 of 14 Posts