Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few dollars in my pocket, and would like to know of a great place to spend it Sat morning for an enjoyable fishing trip... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Va. Beach Fishing Center
491-8000
Make Reservations A.S.A.P
Fishing for: Jumbo(Citation sized) Sea Bass
Offshore: Wreck fishing
Cost:$80-90

TIGHT LINES :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
i've never been offshore this time of year. how far offshore do you travel to get to the wrecks and what would one need to bring to catch jumbo sea bass? what time does the trip leave and return?

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
You will travel about 60 miles offshore. heavy action rods, about 40 lb class a reel no smaller than a 320 spooled with no less than 30 lb line, 10 to 20 oz sinkers, and your hook of choice, mine is the largest kahle hook I can find (5/0-6/0) it works the same as a circle hook. Bait of choice is large tube squid it stays in the hook longer. If you can find some Boston Mackral take that also, bait your hook with a piece of BM then the squid. This way the BM will stay on the hook a little longer.

Hope this will help.

Rick

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, what does one do with NO heavy gear like that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cost is $80.00 for the Super Sport II. They leave around 430 and get back around 5PM. Bait and gear is provided free of charge if you do not have any. Might want to hurry if your thinking of going because lots of guys from the other board are going that day also. I was told by Fred, Capt. of the Super Sport II, this would be there last sea bass trip of the year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called this morning... the SuperSportII is going out Sat for some Macks. I'll be there! Anyone else want to come (it's $40)???

THE Fishing Squid

·
Registered
171 Posts
I thought we could still catch seabass?
Is it really the last trip for this year?
Man...i am little confused... anyone help!! :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts