Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks :) to everyone who has signed up to help clean up the park on Saturday the 17th of May.

As users of the park, our efforts will show the park that Pier and Surf fisherpersons are concerned with helping keep the park clean for all to use. If you have not signed up yet, there is still plenty of time to volunteer for this worthy cause. :)

Here is the tentative list of who has volunteered to help so far:

Bayfisher
Catman
Cutbait king
EBA1225 and son
Fishing Rod and wife
Hookem and son
HuskyMD
Master Caster and wife
McCrea
Sandcrab
Skully

Total people - 15

If I am missing anyone, please let me know. I have to provide an accurate list to the Ranger in charge of the volunteers on Friday the 16th.

As volunteers, you do not have to pay the park entrance fee the day of the event as the Park has given us the pass code for the entrance codebox at the toll plaza. The code for entering Sandy Point State Park on the 17th of May will be given to all volunteers who send me an email or PM. This code will be given to all P&S members who are attending the event and is not to be given out to anyone else. The rangers made it very clear that they will be monitoring the number of personnel using this code for this
day. They will contact me if the number of uses exceed the number of volunteers and we (that's us guys!) will be expected to pay for all users over this number - all at the going park entrance fee rate of $4.00 per
person.

McCrea has a season pass for entering the park so he will not need the code.

Any questions, feel free to drop me a line.

Come out and help us keep this great fishing park clean, enjoy a BBQ and some fishing, and spend the day relaxing with fellow Pier and Surfers! :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sandcrab, count me in. I havn't asked her yet, but I plan to bring my wife. Our names are: Gregory and Valerie Wells.

Thanks,

GO ARMY!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kayo,

Great! I'll put you and your wife down.

HuskyMD is coordinating the food list. He should be finalizing what everyone is bringing in the next week or so.

We start at 8 AM on Saturday the 17th for the cleanup. Please send me an email or PM and I will give you the toll plaza code.

Catman and I plan being there around 5 AM and getting some fishing in before we start our cleanup with the park rangers at 8 AM.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patience :cool: young grasshopper and I will find out.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sandcrab...What happens if it rains and do you know what kind of work we'll be doing?

Catman.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had not discussed rain dates or such. I guess if it rains, the cleanup is cancelled.

Guess we could put up a tarp, BBQ, and fish. :)

I will ask the rangers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good Morning All,
I was so hoping to be able to attend the clean up outing at SPSP, but unfortunately I have another engagement. But just in case, what is the time frame for the cleanup, maybe I can squeeze through and get some time in w/ the P&S crew.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hunts Man,

The cleanup is scheduled for 8-12 on Saturday the 17th. Please let me know by the morning of Friday the 16th, as I have to submit a list of all volunteers participating in the cleanup. I would need you to send me your real name via email or PM. I will also give you the gate code if you will be participating. In addition, if you do participate, you would need to get with Husky and find out what he would like you to bring for the BBQ - everyone is going to bring something.

What do you think about the lure idea?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts