Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As this is our first get together, what if everyone donated one, brand new lure and we awarded them to the PS SPSP volunteer fisherperson who catches the largest (inches)striped bass from 5 AM until 5 PM on the day of our cleanup? The fish would be measured from mouth to fork of tail. Guests of PS members can continue to fish while we are doing our cleanup from 8-12. You must be a cleanup volunteer.

To start us off, I am willing to donate one brand new fishing lure and a Plano 3700 box to hold them for this event.

Does this sound like a good idea? We have 15 people signed up for the cleanup and one new lure from everyone would make a nice collection of lures.

The lures don't have to be expensive - say bucktails, WE Shads, GotCha's, Stingsilvers, etc. ;)

Maybe we can get Sandflea to post some photos on the site too! :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sandcrab,
I can't make the volunteer date but I'd like to donate a plug for the cause (topwater of course). :D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joey,

Thanks! If everyone agrees to donate one lure, I'll take you up on your offer and put your lure in the "kitty' with the others. ;)

IMHO - If you don't donate a lure for the gift box, you shouldn't be eligible to win the box-o-lures. ;)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Of course...no give, no take.
I don't know...I have enough going on to get ready for the service outing...don't want to have to go buy a lure as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sandcrab, count me in. Great idea for 1st outing. Hope this is the beginning of something to look forwarded to annually.

GO ARMY!!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it catches on - who knows in a couple of years? A whole tackle box full o' stuff? ;)

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
That might be unfair! Mcrae would win it every time. :p He sleeps at spsp every night. I even heard he puts his ear to the sand to see if he can hear when the spring stripers are coming in ;) :D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL! :D Anyone who has the code to SPSP has got to be a diehard.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was going to get a season pass so I could fish SPSP and the other MD parks without hassle - especially AI. For me, it looks like this whole fishing year is in flux with so much going retiring, getting a new house and job. Hopefully, I will get to see some of you guys at SPSP or Matapeake fishing your butts off! ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
How about we petition for a lifetime fishing license like VA has? I should put this up at a new post. Will. :eek:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does everyone want to bring a lure for the tackle box idea? If we all agree to, I'm still on the hook to bring a lure and the Plano 3700 box.

I know I have some other new stuff that I have not used (lures, line, etc.) that I can donate for the tackle box if the idea is still a GO.

??

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
OK fine. I'll donate a fraggin lure. I just have to figure out how to win it back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts