Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I will try and get a bit more specific on what I use (and I use only because that is what I have groown comfortable with, and may not be the best), so here I go:

KHangler, if you want to target, and want "bigger" ones, go with a 10/0 or bigger hook, cut bunker (or whatever is bait of choice in your neck) in half, and slice it up some, me caught some pretty "aggressive sandsharks in my time.

JeepNflyfshr4, I use 11' to 11' 6" rods (Ocean Master with the stiff backbone is still my fave, but also Absolute Pinnacle, Solaris, and Daiwa, all rated different, for different "sweet" spots for given conditions, but always at least one OM in the water) with 6/0, 7/0 and 8/0 circle hooks mostly for striper and blue, drum, go up to 10/0. Line, 15 pound test Ande, with 40 pound shock leader. Lead, depends on many factors, but carry 4 ounces up to 10 ounces, and have fished when I don't think even a 12 ounce would hold.

If wanting more specifics, I will, let me know.

Have Jeep will travel :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jeepnflyfish Believe Me I Probalbly Have Fished As Much Artificial As I Do Baitfish, If Not More, I Was Just Trying To Help Khangler Out. I Know How It Used To Be Driving All The Way From Philly To Go Fishing, So I Was Suggesting Baitfishing For A Nice Long Days Worth Of Fishing, I Dont Know How Often Khangler Gets To Go Fishing And To Come All The Way Down For A Days Trip, (for Me It Would Be A 8 To 12 Hours Straight Of Fishing Then Drive All The Way Back To Philly At 4:00 Am), Now If Someone Can Chuck Plugs For That Long God Bless Em, I Was Just Trying To Keep It Simple.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For Clamchucking I Use A 10ft Sea Striker With A Mitchell Nautil, 30# Power Pro, And A 3 Or 4 Oz Spike Weight. I Rarely Ever Use More Than 4 Oz. Also A Top And Bottom Rig With Circle Hooks.

For Artificial, I Use A 8ft Tica With A Shimano Spheros 4000 And 12# Test.believe It Or Not I've Had The Best Luck On A Boons Needlefish, (yellow).its Unreal, This Thing Has No Action But Stripers Attack This Thing Like Theres No Tomorrow.

Also I Appologized For Downtalkin Sand Sharks, After All My First Ever Fish From The Surf Was A 4 1/2 Footer Which Made Me Addicted Ever Since.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shaggy I Seen A 9ft Ocean Master Surf Combo With A Nive Reel By Them Also,($130.00) How Do You Like Them, Any Trouble, I Might Get It For The Fall, Where I Fish The Most, 9ft Is Perfect, The Surf Usually Aint To Bad. By The Way Fellow Fisherman The Offshore Angler Saltwater Catalog Is Awesome.
1-800-bass Pro.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I don't discriminate - I like live bait, plugs, whatever. And I'm not a shark hound, I just like catching fish. Check that. I love it.

It's nice to see the NJ forum getting some posting - it's been kind of dormant the past couple months.

·
Registered
432 Posts
DJ....Most of the year my blood is black and orange...but part of the year it's green, I just finished watching the history of the Eagles...great if you haven't seen it.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Only one football video/DVD needs to be owned and viewed, the "Greatest Game Ever Played", the Baltimore Colts vs. the New York Giants, also changed the face of football and broadcasting.

Have Jeep will travel :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I Have Seen It Flyersfan, Seriously Good
Have You Seen Nfl Presents - "a Look At Veterans Statium And The Passion Of The City's Fans"

21 - 28 of 28 Posts