Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My question is:
The only way to know if there are any new posts added while on the P&S site is to hit the reload key. Or go back to the Bulletin boards or particular state, etc....
Is there anyway a pop up window, such as the one that announces a PM, can be put in to announce when new posts or threads have been submitted while members are on the site? How about a sound such as a bell, a ching, etc....?:rolleyes:

Or is the "show new posts" link in the upper right hand corner of the Bulletin Boards page about as good as it gets. Still that requires going back to the opening page.

Thanks Sandflea!

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
You can set your account to notify of new posts on an individual board. You do it by subscribing to specific boards (just click the "subscribe me to this forum" link at the top right of the front page of each forum). But I'll warn you: you're going to get a lot of e-mail!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
He is right I have done that and I'm deleting often

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

that'll work.

Thanks

Got another question for you sandflea:
Is the limit of 2 smilies gonna be the norm, or will it possibly go back to around 8 once you've changed servers?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
hey flea,

how about a kayak fishing forum? just a suggestion... i'm sure its going to be slow at first but it will bound to pick up. I think kayak fishing is spreading...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hello jangwuah,

A kayak is a boat and seeing as we already have a boating board I would think that would be the place to take it. Thats kinda like catman asking for a centerconsole board or me asking for a sportfisherman board. All three are types of boats. Not trying to be smart, just my 2 cents worth. ;)....Tightlines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts