Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone been fishing sandbridge, either next to the pier or on the beach at false cape, if so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was at the pier tonight with my brother-in-law and his friend who are down from PA. While the guys working there said it was very slow, we caught on almost every cast. Roundhead and Sea Trout where hitting bloodworms, on the South side of the pier. I broke out a Gotcha plug and brought in 3 straight Trout.

....on the way down we saw a little boy playing with rocks on the edge of the road near the little park across from the golf course. We later heard about a car accident, and finally found out that a little boy had been hit and killed....we suspect it's the same child.

·
Registered
270 Posts
VIRGINIA BEACH -- An 11-year-old Norfolk boy died Monday evening after being struck by a car in the Back Bay section of the city.

The accident happened just before 7:30 p.m., in the 1000 block of Sandbridge Road, said police spokesman Don Rimer.

Matthew Sels, of the 1700 block of Hancock Ave., Norfolk, had been fishing near a bridge off Sandbridge Road. He was crossing Sandbridge Road to show a fish to his parents when he was struck by a 1993 Buick Regal driven by Andrew Kinsey, 20, of the 2300 block of Rocking Chair Lane.

Sels was taken by helicopter to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The investigation is ongoing, said Rimer.

Really sad! :(

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Sad about the young boy. On the sandbridge topic - I went a couple of weeks ago. Round head and trout were hitting blood worms. Nice pier but they close at 11 and your not allowed to bring beer. Neither of these points may concern you though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts