Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of some particular productive areas on Sandbridge beach to surf fish? Near the Market?
Little Island by False Cape, etc?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Yep!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Both the S-turn and just a little south of the market can be productive. However, my best advice is to drive into Back Bay NWR, unload your gear at the grandfathered access ramp then park in the parking lot. Go back, get your gear, walk to the surf and fish at the fence to the north. That‘s the best surf spot on the island, imho, because of the easy pier cart pull. False Cape is incredible, but it’s a hell of a hike. LIP is great, too, but that can be a tough crowd for a newbie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both the S-turn and just a little south of the market can be productive. However, my best advice is to drive into Back Bay NWR, unload your gear at the grandfathered access ramp then park in the parking lot. Go back, get your gear, walk to the surf and fish at the fence to the north. That‘s the best surf spot on the island, imho, because of the easy pier cart pull. False Cape is incredible, but it’s a hell of a hike. LIP is great, too, but that can be a tough crowd for a newbie.
Thanks. Can you park on the street at the S-turn? I always either went to little island or market parking lots.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, you can park at the S-turn. There is a pedestrian walkover there, too. You can unload at the walkover, move your vehicle to the parking spot just north of the access (like a few feet) and be within yards of the surf. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you can park at the S-turn. There is a pedestrian walkover there, too. You can unload at the walkover, move your vehicle to the parking spot just north of the access (like a few feet) and be within yards of the surf. Good luck.
Great, thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
By the way, in front of those God awful condos is a good spot, too. Just north of LIP. Easy access and not too far of a hike. Parking isn’t a problem in the off season. Saw a couple in a “intimate“ moment on the balcony their one night, too. Not a bad spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts