Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real glad I found this forum. You guys provide some good info. Anyhow, drove down to sandbridge for the weekend. Woke up at 4 in the morning to fish the surf south of the pier. Caught some whiting and used them for cut bait. What an awesome sight watching the sun rise. At around 5:30 the largest rod started shaking. Reeled up the slack and reeled the sucker in. At first, thought it was a skate and then it jumped out of the water near the breakers. Hoping it was a cobia or striper. I finally got a good look at it and it was a shark- about 3 feet. I let it go sipped on some more coffee and waited some more. Hooked a decent size snaper blue a little later. At around 10, I called it a day. Other than that caught about 5 or 6 whiting off of squid. Didn't look like anyone was picking anything up on the pier. Anyone else have any luck in Sandbridge this weekend?

·
Registered
48 Posts
yeah but its all relative of course.

Caught a small 1.5' shark on sat. and between friday and saturday pulled in 6 12"-15" croakers. We went between the hours of 4:30pm and 9:30pm both days. Bite died with the out going tide. Tonight we caught a ton of skate (at least 12) before getting so frustrated we left (betwen the hours of 9pm and 12pm). We were North of the pier at our normal spot at Kabler near public access. Anyone else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hit the beach in back bay just after 9:30, hooked up with 17 croaker and 2 roundhead before calling it quits around 2:00

1 - 3 of 3 Posts