Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like its gonna be snotty enuff for th striper to be around. ;)

SAT
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. WAVES 5 TO 6 FEET BUILDING TO 6 TO 8
FEET IN THE AFTERNOON...THEN SUBSIDING TO 6 TO 7 FEET IN THE
EVENING. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SUN
NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT BECOMING N 15 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WAVES 5 TO 6 FEET SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 4 FEET. CHANCE OF SHOWERS

·
Registered
73 Posts
See you there Saturday afternoon if I don't go to HI. Looks good in the afternoon with the rising tide peaking just after dark.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
We'd be in business iffn it was early Oct and the pier was doable!!!Caught a drummie or two at the beach in weather just like that .Nuthen like canvass'n off the NE corner and spendin the nite waiten!!!!!...the R

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ramp38, ya reading my mind? Was thinking fish th afternoon till get kicked out an move up a piece to find parking an trek back in for th night bite(I hope). So R ya in? :cool:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey Cdog, what do mean when you said get kicked out, find parking and go back for the night bite. I'll meet ya down there ifn you go. Would like to give ole Sandbridge a try.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
poleant said:
Hey Cdog, what do mean when you said get kicked out, find parking and go back for the night bite. I'll meet ya down there ifn you go. Would like to give ole Sandbridge a try.
Poleant, they shut th parking lot down at dusk. Unless ya wana stay till dawn th next morn. I hear there is public parking up th way,ya just gotta hump ya gear in. As of now unless th reports change its a plan for me. getting down there around 3 an fishing till 11 or so.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I didn't think about the lot closing. Well I'm setup fairly well for hikin a good ways on the beach. I just might park on the street somewhere and start the trek from there, who knows. What day you plan on goin?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gonna keep an eye on th weather forcast. Thinking Sat right now but will decide prolly Friday.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cdog,

I am going to have to see. I have some business in Hatteras I must attend to before it freezes down there and this weekend may be the day.

I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I'll say this much, if you guys fish this weekend in the predicted weather, you've got my respect. Talk about Warriors!! Let us know if you go.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check this out for what it's worth!

Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy skies. High 49F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph

Now that sounds like a possibility to me and it's before the low pressure system rolls in on us.

At 7:03 AM Thursday 04, 2003 there is a Major feeding peak forcasted for our area. Yes I think tomorrow should be the best day of the week to catch that big one from Sandbridge.

Tight lines............................. :cool:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
BB-yeah deffinitely need to make sure I am in that 45 minute window!

Shoot me a PM if ya need someone to catch fish with!And hopefully no guppy's

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
CDOG......we are stayin with friends north end Va beach this weekend. Taken some stuff(despite the wifey evil-eye) to sneak out the back door and hit the beach for a bit.Dont think Ill have the time to get down to SB and do anything serious SAT or SUN,but.......the R

·
Registered
691 Posts
forecast update

FRI NIGHT
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 4 TO 5 FEET. CHANCE OF
RAIN...THEN CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SAT
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BECOMING N 30 TO 35 KT IN THE AFTERNOON
AND EVENING. SEAS 5 FEET BUILDING TO 10 TO 12 FEET. CHANCE OF
SHOWERS.

SUN
N WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FEET. CHANCE OF
SHOWERS.
:jawdrop:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
OOoopps....startin to see a little snow creepin into the Sat-Sun forecasts......get the dogs & sleds ready!!....the R

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: forecast update

Zigh said:
FRI NIGHT
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 4 TO 5 FEET. CHANCE OF
RAIN...THEN CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SAT
W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BECOMING N 30 TO 35 KT IN THE AFTERNOON
AND EVENING. SEAS 5 FEET BUILDING TO 10 TO 12 FEET. CHANCE OF
SHOWERS.

SUN
N WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FEET. CHANCE OF
SHOWERS.
:jawdrop:
Dangit, I knew I shouldn't said something so soon. I figured th winds would change tween now an then. Will play it by ear. I need ta catch a feesh! :D

·
Registered
691 Posts
slipping into darness

We'll be heading out early in the AM(6) to try and catch the window of weather. Looks like the weekend is ugly. Should be real fishy 2morrow if we can find the bait. Evidently the Menhaden boats worked the bait over so well, the fish have moved on. Reort from CH to 3 miles S of Rudee was, '1 30" fish, and few birds', that sux. I hope some more fish move back in soon and I really hope those Menhaden boats have LOTS of engine trouble. *****

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Zigh,

RE: Menhaden, I post along the following:

In the December, 2003 issue of Saltwater Sportsman, Ken Hinman, president of the National Coalition for Marine Conservation in Leesburg, Virginia, describes the deplorable condition of the menhaden population in the Chesapeake Bay. This fish, which is near the base of the food-chain in the Bay, feeds on microscopic plankton and serves as the single most important forage species for fish such as striped bass, flounder, spanish mackeral, trout and the like. Hinman notes in the article that scientists are beginning to think that the diminished availability of this important forage species is contributing to the overall poor health being seen in many striped bass.

All states on the Atlantic seaboard have banned menhaden fishing except for Virginia which hosts the last remaining industry in Reedville. Of course, this has meant that the fishery has exclusively focused its efforts in Virginia and, especially, within the Chesapeake Bay.

Previous efforts to encourage the ASMFC to take steps to regulate this industry have failed despite overwhelming ecological evidence of the need.

Hinman is leading an effort to acquire signatories to a petition to the ASMFC to "...prohibit all purse seining for Atlantic menhaden within the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries". The petition may be signed online at:

https://secure.savethefish.org/secure/action_items_striped_bass_petition.cfm

I encourage you to sign the petition today if you have concern for the health and welfare of our fisheries. It is clear that ASMFC will continue to bow to these special business interests unless we, the sportsmen, exercise our political muscle by signing this petition.

If you decide this issue is important, I encourage you to forward this to as many recreational fishermen as you can as quickly as you can. You may also want to consider asking your favorite tackle shops to place written copies of the petition where sportsmen can see it and act on it.

I'll post on P&S Fishing Issues Board similarly.

Save some for the rest of us,

`bucket

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zigh, did it change again?

or are we getting our forcast from different places?

FRI
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. WAVES 3 TO 4 FEET. RAIN LIKELY IN THE
MORNING...THEN CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON.

FRI NIGHT
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. WAVES 3 TO 4 FEET. CHANCE OF
RAIN.

SAT
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BECOMING 30 TO 35 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WAVES 4 FEET BUILDING TO 6 TO 7 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF
RAIN.

SAT NIGHT
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. WAVES 6 TO 8 FEET. CHANCE OF
RAIN.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts