Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Sandbridge Sat and Sunday both days from 9am to 4pm near the pier and across the street from the market and all spots in between water was calm like Lake Youcantcatchshit.LOL thus I didnt catch any.Saw a few people catch skate and dogfish I tried all kinds of metal and mullet and squid and crab nada!Did see some jumping mullet on Saturday but nothin chasing them.Guess they are still up north not nasty enuf yet for them to come down here.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Thanks

for your report!... hopefully this weekend fish would pick up at SB... since the gathering will be there this saturday...

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
flytyer

where you been? You missed some hot striper and puppy drum fishing on Lynnhaven Pier. I thought Izzy had swallowed you up or something!

Good to see you're back!:cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I and my son musta been one of those you saw catchin skates and dogfish. My son did learn a valuable lesson bout the skates though, they can Bite! While trying to remove a #8 Gamakatsu Octopus Circle, rascal flexed up and got about 1/2 inch of middle finger and wouldn't have been bad but the normal reaction was to yank the finger out - took a layer of skin right off. He won't be
doin that again :).

Anyway, was at SB weekend before last (Sunday) when the NEster was blowin, only one on the beach. Caught a 27" stripper on mullet chunk and lost one also. Man, was it windy, managed to hold bottom with 8 and bait though.

Normally head down to the Point on weekends, still havn't got my drum yet. This weekend is a toss-up, will wait and see what this front is going to do before making a decision.

Hooter

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Hooter and Son

LOL yea that was you next to me and my buddy cuz I was watchin you and your kid with the binoculars and I saw him get whacked with the hook or got bit LOL :jawdrop: The guy a little further down in the red was gettin them too.I was above you with the short Philippino guy wastin time :D But I got some pics here from better days down there this year if ya care to check em out.LOL well ferget about that one I ll just put them on the board under fall 2003 I dont know how the hell to do it on here.

:D Hook em hard till their eyes cross

1 - 5 of 5 Posts