Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people,

Fish every where - Birds every where. But just out of casting range. Fisherman in the boat were killing them. I understand that the striper were in 30 inch plus range with large blues mixed in. I also understand that saturday was even better. I will try again monday moring, on the AM High Tide next to the pier under the light. Maybe I will have some luck.

Sand Man:jawdrop:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just fished the market, pier, and fence next to refuge...nada. (but that is my luck with stripers)

What a beautiful day...very happy I was able to spend it out on the water. I threw everything metal, plastic, and everything else I could find in the box...nothing. Saw Loudog there, he pulled in two dinks and lost two in about 1/20th the time I was there. What can I say, I must of done something to have pi$$ed the fish gods off this season.

todd

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
bassn my friend, consider going down south. I got two in 30min at Pea Island Sat. Report on NC board. ;)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
fished south of sandbridge(false cape) about 1 mile out. lots of fish lots of dinks, got 9 keepers 33-40" 2 keepers lost at the boat. there out there .. they just gotta move into the surf zone.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Bucket,

You should be sleepin!

Welcome back.Does my magic 8ball foresee a an OBX trip?

Good to have ya back

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Hey, don't complain about the boat reports on the Va. board, they'll group you into mine and Cdogs category. :p Whiner :D

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Just looked at the weather forecast for the coming week and the next day of predicted east winds is friday. :mad: Hopefully the fish won't move south too soon with the cold weather that looks like it's here for a while. The boat thing may be the only guarantee for a while :mad: There are fish still being reported north of us so who knows. One can only hope, I know I'm not done yet.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm tellin ya I got a tip from a VERY reliable source hint hint(he does the weekend fishermen) that 45mi north of bay mouth. massive school of huge striper 4miles long. he pulled numerous citations to 49" out of the school on saturday. I would guess it takes em almost a week to get near us. oh yea the 49" was from casting a 3oz bucktail into the school:jawdrop:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I am going nutz!I am hoping all this talk ain't just a buncha bull!

I am the eternal optimist and will and have taken my fair of fishin punishment(aka the SKUNK).

But if I miss this school........I may never rest in peace:D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I feel ya ns4d, I had just about given up @ a week ago. cleaned out my tackle box, cleaned all my gear. tidied up my fishing room...now its all back to being a mess. Some people on tidal fish are of the opinion that the cold front is going to push that school out(offshore) hence bypassing our area, but I'm optomistic like you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts