Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new register to your site, but am not new to pierand surf.com, you guys are great you have put me on fish quite a few times, (thanx) I am going to try to hit Sandbribge tommorrow and I was wondering what to lure is working best for blues and also I had a guy give me a couple of peelers today ad I was wondering how good they work out there. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Welcome friend, bring some gotcha plugs, blues will hit any color but green on green works good for me. Dont know much about peelers not very popular out at sandbridge but you never know. Good luck.....geo

·
Registered
824 Posts
Stop by 17th tackle shop 428-1000 I think. Just ask them and they will fix you up. If you want better luck try some bait rigs tossed out and let fish by themselves in a sand spike. You can lure fish while they are fishing for you. Good luck

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just got back from the LIP and the blues were jumping on the pier. Once the sun went down the bite was done, so don't come late like I did. Gotchas were working, and I did well with a chartreuse assassin on a red jig head. I only had one, which lasted for 4 fish. Saw a couple of puffers and a round head caught as well. The blues are all in the 2-3 pound range.

·
Registered
256 Posts
gotchas caught lots of blues today, but don't forget about the metals. stingsilvers and megabait both produced. i only used the metals and caught 15 or 16. and others around me added another 10 or so. blue, green or just silver all worked. if the blues aren't around when you get there, stick it out. they'll show up, and when they do, there is plenty of action. it was all lures, cut bait barely produced any fish.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I haven't had the pleasure of fishing SandBridge yet, but at Lynnhaven the blues were biting good today and yesterday. Yesterday i caught a bunch on a blue and silver rattle trap. When they started hitting on Saturday there were 5 of us dragging them in and they were biting on anything tossed at them It seemed. One dude even tied on a huge yellow mr. twister after losing his rattle trap and a big blue bit it completely in half after he caught a few smaller ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts