Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
anybody know the specifics of the proposed extension? length? maybe a t-shape end? construction dates? or is all of that to be discussed at the meeting?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Itd be great if they put a T out there, be alot more room during Drum season for sure. 30 rods in the little spce thats there now aint much fun.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Unless they changed the plans they were going to do things in 2 stages the first is just bringing the piuer to ADA guideline and rewiring it. Plus maintence no lenght.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hear the RFAB is not smiling on the idea since the pier buys a pier liscense and still charges to fish......From the mouth of a RFAB board member.

DEAN #3

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I would like to see the pier extended. But with what I saw in the plan I need alot more info before I can support this project. The price seems high to begin with. I talked to the owner of the Rodanthe pier about what it cost to build the new pierhouse and rebuild the pier. The numbers just don't seem right for the ADA and extention(both have to happen). Alos alot of the work that they were asking for seemed to be maintence. I hope it gets done. Maybe if they involve the regulars out there they can get it done for less.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Actually the meeting on March 10th is a public hearing. That is your chance to show up in mass if you want to support the project. I would suggest that each person stand up and speak.

Tom

·
Registered
164 Posts
The pier buys a fishing license every year that allows patrons to fish the pier WITHOUT a license, or at least thats the way I understand it.

The fee charged by the pier, $3.00, is the the least amount charged by any of the area's commericial piers . My understanding was that 1/2 of this money was being allocated to the beach replenishment fund - or so I was told.

Yeah, they're still looking at extending it, but money is tight and its going to be a battle to get funds approved. I hope that they do, I've caught lots of nice fish off the end of that ol' pier. Seeing it lengthened and a "T" added on the end would be the ticket!!

Lou

1 - 12 of 12 Posts