Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Little Island pier today about 11:30 until 2:30 with my 6 year old son, we caught 17 nice large roundhead, and 2 skate, He caught the biggest of the day a pretty good lunker!!! Saw some small spot caught also, best fishing right before high tide at 2:00pm, Some of the locals were out after the cobes with no luck, no spanish or blues while I was there, Did meet a fellow P&S guy, It was nice fishing with you "Kenmefish" Its always nice to run into guys who you have read thier posts and them yours and start up a conversation and it"s another P&S guy. Hope this report helps some of you guys, roundhead bite was best on squid and cut spot, like I said these were pretty large roundhead, biggest I"ve seen this year. One of the locals on the pier, not sure if he was a P&S guy but he was helping alot of people and giving another guy pointers on castin a heaver, good to see there are some truly good fisherman out there willing to give a damn about showing someone else how to improve on their fishing. Also the guys out there made my son feel like a big guy catchin all those fish. If you read this and you were one of them THANX.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Firedog,

THX for the report. Them Virginia Sea Mullet AKA Roundhead are good eating ... how do you plan/did you cook'em ?

And yes, most P&S folks are "A, OK", then there's me:(

No Spanish ??? I plan my few (read really 1-2 trips after the wife gets done w/me) to the LIP for Spanish Macs last week of July-first week of August ...

SB-man, Slight to heavy casting modifications may be required given your existing surfcasting style be it beach or pendulum casting ?

And, if ya think your gonna hit someone casting while pier fishin, look first, then wait till they walk a few feet away before you - yell "HEADACHE!" or "Going Out" ... helps :cool:

Go long,

`bucket

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Bucket, My wife took some of the fillets last night an dipped them in egg wash and then she had taken crackers and chooped them really fine and added a little bread crumbs and old bay seasoning to it and covered the fillets with the mixture and fried golden brown, they were very good kids couldn't stop eating them. Might try to head back Friday, Looks like right now the roundhead are pretty good size, spot still have some growing to do, did see some poeple keepin them, but for spot the bigger the better for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts