Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Sandbridge Pier this morning about 5:30, blues were in big numbers, nice size probalby 2 to 3 Lbs. saw a guy on the beach at the head of the pier slayin'um. Left and went to pick up the wife came back at 8:30 but action had slowed down we caught four more biggens and the guys onthe pier caught about 5 or 6. Has anyone fished in the evening out here before dark, is it as good as the early morning? The guy working the pier said the night before blues were hot action and they were popping the top of the water everywhere. 1 puffer fish caught by a guy bottom rigging.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANX FOR THE INFO SANDCASTING. I MIGHT GIVE IT A TRY WEDS. EVENING. HAD A BLAST THIS MORNING. 1 GUY ON THE BEACH AND ME AND ANOTHER GUY ON THE PIER. THE BLUES ARE RUNNING A GOOD SIZE, HOPE THEY HANG FOR A WHILE.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hey firedog, i made it down this evening for about 45 mins before the sunset and only got grass. i was throwing from the sand, but one guy caught a blue up on the pier while i was there. the kid working said that the run had been dying all afternoon, with the bite becoming more and more sporadic. when i arrived no one was using lures, but i did, and then another guy on the pier started, the one who got the blue, and then when he got one more people started. wish the grass wasn't so heavy. i think the fish are still around, so check it wed. i'm gonna try for another short while after the job tomorrow. they seem to come in bunches, i think you just need to be there at the right time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts