Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Sunday night OI leftovers (eels and M.O.S. Mullet) down to Sandbridge last night fished Market slough and a hole just south of first S-turn ~845-1015pm - NADA. Hardly any wind and 6oz was easily holding w/out going tide.

Then, carried it on down to the LIP ~1030-1130pm window. Park closed and parking lot gated shut, parked on shoulder of the road, hoofed it in and fished some 20 yds north of pier. No runs, no hits, no errors (not even a birds nest :D ), and no fish beached :(

Did have small flock of birds hanging out/floating off NE corner of the pier. With pier structure/pier lights and birds at least it looked fishy :rolleyes:

Go fish,

`bucket

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have to hand it to you for being persistant and hanging in there because it was cold last night. It's my understanding the migrating school of stripers are about 1-1/2 weeks away from us. This last Noreaster pushed them out into the sound and southward. Then again it doesn't hurt to check the situation out every now and then.

Currently the outer banks are having a serious run of stripers. The ocean species not the little schoolies we have been seeing around here. I may go out to sandbridge on Thursday just to read the water. If I see anything promising I will be sure to post it for all to read.

Who Knew?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts