Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same as Cdog's 12/6 report. We tried to fish from dawn to about 8:30 at the Market. I was throwing 8 and bait and I couldn't hold bottom. The current was ripping my rig down the beach, and the wind was.... impressive. We packed it in and headed up the beach, but we didn't see any birds working. There were about a half dozen anglers at Lesner at about 9 AM with one striper about 20 inches. That was it. We pointed the truck west and didn't stop till we were back in Windsor.... sipping coffee. Even though we didn't catch anything, it was the first time my son
( Haggard2, age 7) has seen a sunrise over the ocean. He was really impressed. All in all, a great morning. :) I hope someone catches some fish today.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Thanks for th report. I was supposed to have been there at first light on Sat but woke up with a big head an decided to go later. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
206 Posts
you can still have a lot of fun fishing without catching any fish. i am glad that u and ur son got to see the sun come up over the ocean. i have seen it many times and it never stops to impress me. hope u have better luck next time. tight lines

dan lee

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep. A bad day fishin is better than a good day at work!

I was just out in the Seattle area for a while. Some how it seemed the sun was rising at the wrong place......I prefer the sun rising over the ocean.

It's great having a little fishin pardner like you've got Haggard1! Mine's already 12! Enjoy it while you've still got him. They grow too fast........Tight lines to you and your boy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts