Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was windy an cold an a strong N to S current required 10 oz to hold bottom. When that stopped working we called it a day. Fished from 12-4:30pm. No bites no nibbles no birds. Skunk! Did meet Baddog, Nice meeting ya Dan.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
you da man, I never managed to get out of my house today due to the weather

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cdog,

Thanks for the report. I was down in Hatteras and the same thing was going on, wind and current.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Your a better man than I am, thanks for the report though. My friend when out on his boat to the third Island on Thursday night and they said they were killing the Stripers. This brought a twinkle to my eye because the next break in the weather should mean good things will be happening at Sandbridge.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Cdog...........You're still able to type after a day like today?

Thought for sure frost bite might have set in. Looks like you took my advice on hand protection.:cool:

Hope your trip to NC is more successful. I have a feeling it will be.:)

·
Registered
691 Posts
bummer

Cdog- It sux to be sandblasted and sporting the skunk. Sorry to hear about your luck, but THANKS much for posting. I figure you're due for a reel good trip soon. I'm going to try 2morrow in the floater. I hope the bite has turned on or something. Did you see any boats out there today, Menhaden or otherwise? Again, thanks for reporting! Fish On

Zigh
><((((*>
:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
good meeting u today cdog. weather wasn't the real problem i just wasn't going to fish watching ur 10 oz rolling on the bottom. better luck next time. and it sounds like u are due. so post next time u are in town i will come out and maybe fish.

dan lee

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zigh, I saw one boat heading North when we first got there an one heading south later on. Th one heading south looked to be a 40 fter an was getting nailed even with th NW.

Badddog, what happened at Lesner????

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW as a side note

I'm sure they slayed em at OI today since I didn't go there. ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
cdog what happened at lesner? i'll tell ya. i got home all planing on going out and throwing some plastic and it was 75 degress in my house so i stayed right here. i am going to go out tomorrow or monday early.

dan lee

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Way to go Clay!!.....just goin that far in those conditions in a stinko season is earnen ya a good part of tha "B".Its one of those seasons where iffn ya aint there ya aint gonna catch em.You was there.....the R

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
baddogg, can't say I blame ya. Don't think I warmed up till I was sitting here in front of th puter last night.

R, is that "B" or should it be "C" for crazy. :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Cdog, I was at lesner yesterday from 10a - 2p. Nothing happening there. A couple of guys got a few before I got there. Stopped there again today around 12:30 and talked to 2 of the 3 fisherman out there and they reported nothing going on again.
:(

Robert

·
Registered
206 Posts
i'm glad i stayed home in my warm house. going to go out there early monday. maybe the fish will forget its me fishing and get caught.

dan lee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts