Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEll,Well,Well.........
Wanna first thanks the peserverance of the following anglers that have kept me up to date to current and real time fishing conditions:

Thanxs to SandMan and Chest2head,and 'bucket!

Decided after work, yesterday, to soak some baits @ SB,before round 2 of the holiday seasons starts up again @ my house again.

I called bucket and told him where I was heading,He was gonna meet up.

Got to SB @ 5pm,fished the last ramp before the refuge.Light S winds,slow incoming tide,5 oz's holding bottom,water clearity was perfect,better than ideal fishing conditions.I have always had good luck fishin by that refuge fence.

Fished with leftover brined fatbacks.NADA......Had a lil' tug on the 12 footer,but was burglarized.....That darn Rogue Blue Fish!:D

Bucket hit the SB Market Place @ around 630pm,and called for my 20,I gave him my location,and he said he was gonna stop by the LIP and check things out.

Got a call back around 7pm and bucket said there was birds workin the South side of the pier....in close...he ran to his truck to get his metal casting rod,but the fish were not hitting on metal.Packed up my Fish-N-Mate and high tailed to the pier!

Gotta love them cell phones!

Got to the outskirts of the pier parkin lot,and waited for bucket to get his gear 2gether,and we headed out.I planned to bottom fish,since I had bait,and also brought my 7'6 lure rod.

Got to the base of the pier and about exploded with excitement(Remeber how I said cell phones are great?Well make sure you remove any electronics out of your parka,before you start wading out.I ain't no genius,but salt water and electonics don't seem to go together,so I now have NO sorta Cellular Communications,till I get a new phone,but that's another post)

Gotta love them cell phones!

Well after my first C-N-R,about a 20incher,tossed out again and got another.The fish seemed to be hangin close to the pier and under the lites.The lure of choice was a Ches.Bay lure imitation Storm.The 4 inch blue color.Hooked up 2 more times,schoolies.
The bucket finally made his first cast(I know it was killing him that I was 2 fish ahead of him,as he searched for a similar lure color that I had.Some playful ribbing was a result.After a handful of cast,the bucket finally was on the fish.Same location,same type lure.Bucket's 1st fish was a small schoolie,and his second was a 24incher.Close but no cigar.

Conditions got snottier as hide tide crept in @ 830pm and the approaching front .5-6 foot waves were starting to pound us.With our haste to get on the fish,I soaked a cell phone and bucket forgot to bring his water-proof jacket.Fortunately,the air temps were still quite warm,but the swells had gotton the best of the bucket.Who said that us fishermen were the smartest people in the world?:D .Man, what we would do to get on some fish!

Well to end this long winded fishing report/post,we ended up with about 9 hook ups(all C-N-R'ed schoolies),1 wet cell phone,2 snagged lures on the pier(damn that south wind),1 soaked bucket and 2 guys that said,"Hey we finnally got to do some catchin!"

Well.bucket,my friend,thanxs for makin it out and putting us on the fish.I am still thinkin the big boys will start showing up between X'Mas and New Years,esp after that report off of Nags Head Pier.But I am glad we are good fishin partners and that with our contiuned luck,our pesrverance will pay off big time!

I am out .......
NS4D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Great report. Hope to get out at least one more time before th end of th yr. Guess I can't call ya to find out where you are. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'm thinking a biggun is gonna come outta that strip from North VB down to SB between now and New Years and continue showin up for awhile. Ya just gotta be out there....the R

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Wilber...I dont know if it was a dream or not...but it was after a couple scotch and waters:p ....the R

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
NS4D ... thanks for providing extra motivation to go fish and the competitive ribbing :p THX to Sandman,C2H&G, and Robert for recent SB reports :cool:

Al I guess your long post was due to cell phone withdrawal :D However, you forgot to mention that we did soak some bait for ~1/2 hr to no avail while flogging the water w/artificials - tighten up.

FYI, word from boats out of Rudee was scattered bite at the border, but for those boats that went all the way to Duck Core Pier (some ~40 miles from the Inlet) they hammered'em so there getting closer :D

Forecasted west winds Fri-Sunday may keep'em off the beach from us :( will see, eh ?! Hope to get a shot at them bigguns boat ho ho ho'n over the holidays ;)

Merry Fishmas,

`bucket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts