Pier and Surf Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
767 Posts
Also, NEVER hammer your regular sand spike into the sand. JMHO
I always use a hefty two pound rubber mallet to pound the pipe into the sand . . . . I guess this pomp (and many more like him) didn't get your memo. This may lend credence to the idea that sound may actually attract the fish. (and the bright yellow with red top is to "help" the stupid tourists walking the beach with their face stuck in their stupid phones. And they STILL walk into the pipes).
Water Shorts Bermuda shorts Sky Beach

·
Registered
874 Posts
I understand the fisherman that use combos and low cost equip using PVC .... a 79.95 outfit doesn't need a 49.95 Sandspike. ..... But the fisherman with the 300.00 plus setups should not take that chance ... They all fall if not watched .... I've seen it but its PVC 10 to 1 over other spikes ... and its basically not watching, letting water loosen em up ..... Yes ... you can hammer em down and draw attention from a hundred yds down the beach because its not just the banging, its felt through the sand and the fish feel it for 100 yds plus .... now what they do, I don't know but I'd just as soon not make any anouncements that I'm there to the people around me or the fish, I'm kinda the quiet type person ... I did see where Garbo tells a way to shove a short piece of PVC in the sand with your foot, best idea I've seen yet if you don't let the water get to it .... If you can afford a nice rod, you can afford a good sandspike for that extra insurance .... thats about all I have to say bout that ...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts