Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Small Fish

Anthony: Liam caught a small fish at the tank on Sunday that looked like a spot(had no spot), did not croak like a croaker, and was not built like a trout..did not have any marking but had the same coloring of all three fish...the mouth was kind of similar to a spot or croaker mouth..it was about 9"..didn't know what it was, used for bait(cut)...the meat was very similar in color and texture to a spot..never seen it before..tight lines to all! Murphman:)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
That is it! Man we should of kept em. Everybody seems to use them for bait.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Murphman,
That may have been a juvenile black drum. Here is a pic of a mature black drum.
http://marinefisheries.org/fish/blkdrum.jpg

Juvenile black drum look similar to spot but have black stripes like a sheepshead, just not as many. Hope this helps.
-Anthony

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Small Black Drum

No it definately wasn't one of these..We did catch a few 10 -12" black drum in Lingo Creek(a tributary of of the Indian River Bay) the Sat. night before the IRI clean up...tight lines to all! Murphman:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
sorry Anthonyfor the smart a$$$ answer
I had a frustrating day at work
I havent been fishing in 3 weeks...
N.Y city last wekend (WOW MANHATAN IS EXPENSIVE)
Winston Salem NC the weekend before last
Sorry my grandmother had a car accident
and I missed the Clean Up.....

any way they make great live bait

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't worry about it DOVERPOWER, I know how that is. Fishing has been my only release from stress other than my girlfriend ;) . I will try to bait one next chance I get.
-Anthony

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought your response was funny Doverpower. I doubt anyone on this board would be that easily offended. Anyways I know your pain. I have one car that I can never park in NYC again and haven't been fishing since summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts