Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Sand Flea,

Why is there no GA board. We have great piers all along our coast. You don't like [email protected] people from the great state of GA? Just kidding. Really, would like to see a GA baord. Or at least know why we don't have one. Thanks.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I've never put one up because there never seemed to be enough Ga. people around to justify one. If you can round up a few Georgians on here who want it and would post often enough to keep it alive, I'll gladly add one.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I guess I need to do some recruiting...may take some time, but I'll see what I can do ....I know there are some fine outstanding Ga fisherman out there...they just don't know about the [email protected] boards. Thanks Sand Flea.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey all it takes is word of mouth! Everytime I go to a place I ask around if anyone is a member and if not I recommend them to the site.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey FL Fisherman,

You seem like your pretty good with this computer thingy....Maybe you (or Sand Flea) can post some [email protected] cards we can print and hand them out to people we meet that might be interrested? Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah could be a thought but I have noticed even when telling people about the site they are kind of standoffish because they think you are selling something to em. With business cards or other flyers this might look just like that. One of the ways to get the word around up here is that we are scheduling cleanups on local beaches and piers. This puts in a good word for Pier and Surf members with the DNR and shows that fisherman/woman do care. All it takes is a few guys and gals to get together and accomplish this. People notice and ask questions. Plus Flea might have some kind of restrictions on what kind of advertising he can do because this is a "nonprofit site" to begin with.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
There are no restrictions on advertising. This site is taxed as a sole proprietorship, not a non-profit.

But be careful about starting to hand out cards. People might think you're recruiting for a cult! :p

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I see. Well, maybe word of mouth is best. See your point about "someone selling something". I'll get with Emanuel and see if we can do something down here in GA.......I have talked about [email protected] with fisherman I have met....BUT alot of folks(mostly older) don't do the inernet thing.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
So being the owner are you looking to sell it.:p :D No Just kidding!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Oh I thought this was a "cult";) For some people fishing is life(me)(well a big part of it at least):D

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Glenn, perhaps you should just move down here.:D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Emanuel,

Yes, Nalene and I are making plans to....Just hard to pick-up and go with a house, good jobs, kids,ect....Could be as soon as next spring! Property values down on Tybee are outragous...will have to downsize to do it...when I come down you can tell me about Wilmington Island...Anyway we WILL be neighbors within 2 years!

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
I have a question for you Georgia folks........

Is there 4wd access on any of the barrier island down there?
The wife and I plan to visit the Savannah area sometime, and of course I'll be bringing my surf gear.

Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
can you tell us the list of piers in GA and do they have website I'm a strange kind of guy I look at reports from RI to FLA. everyday and I think I can start looking at GA too.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dr Bubba.

No they don't allow anyone to drive on the beach on Tybee Island, but there is easy access all over the place. I highly recomend a visit to Savannah...anyone who can't find fun and enjoyment there can't find it anywhere! Tybee Island is were I do allmost all of my saltwater fishing. Some have discribed the Island as "A drinking villege with a fishing problem". Emanuel lives down there(a few miles from Tybee) and he will tell you more about it if you ask. I fish mainly the piers but people fish the surf also. Ya'll come down.

cocoflea,

Don't really know the names of all the piers along our coast. But our coast is nothing but barrier islands...one after the other. Several are federally protected with no access for the average person. The others are developed(about 4 or 5) and have fishing piers on all of them, gimmie some time and I can list them for you. The only web site I know of is a shark fishing club on St Simmons Island. Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe Emanuel or FL Fisherman might know some more?

http://groups.msn.com/SSISharkin

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Neighbors eh? :D There aren't really many links for fishing down here, but there isn't alot of access for the people who don't have boats. Of all the outer barrier islands in the state, only 4 or 5 are open to the public. As for piers, there are only 3 or 4 right on or near the ocean but there are more inland along the tidal creeks. Creek fishing is where alot of the fish are caught.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Thanks for the link and the info guys for me it very interesting seeing what people are catching in other parts of the country and I love reading and seeing good catches.:)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Sand, Hat and I were talking down at Breezy Point yesterday, and figured, we have the Maryland/Delaware board, why not just add Georgia to the South Carolina board? Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts