Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
yes we do. Now the big question is.........where is the money gonna go?????

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would like to see the money go to building more piers, or improve the fishing areas. I don't mind paying if they really do something constructive with it. They could also promote fishing by having a website, and information about it.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
As it is stated, it will be free for a few years, then a small administrative fee will be established.
I'm aware of that. But as usual, Nazi Jersey hasn't planed things out. Yeah it's free in the beginning but when they institute the fee what ever it may be, where is the money gonna go? It should go back into the sport we all love here, but I'm willing to bet that it will go into some slush fund to pave the roads or offset the toll increases on our roads. I have no problem with paying a fee for a license, but that money should go back into fishing and reef programs etc.

·
Registered
851 Posts
General Fund / Highways and PET Projects! Fish and Game will go BEGGING!

The Daily Grind here in "The Peoples Republic of New Jersey"

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
It was supposed to go into effect at the beginning of the year but has been shelved for the moment, (at least two years), because a solid answer to how much it is going to cost, (right now they say it will be free for the first year), and nominal fee to be decided later and where the money from those fees are going to go. It should go back into fishing but the is the state of Nazi Jesey and will probably end up in some slush fund. That is the problem. It's gonna happen either way. It's the sign of the times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The money we have to pay for our salt water licenses here in NC goes to pay for all the new salt water game wardens to have nice boats, nice trucks, and jurisdiction to be able to write you tickets. The rest of it goes to the other agencies to keep them in nice trucks, paid days off for newly invented holidays, etc.

But don't worry, your tax paid stimulus will cover the rest.

So shut up and pay your taxes peasants, and welcome to the beginning of the outlawing of firearms !!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If that last sentence offended anyone, I was just being a smart ass. But saltwater "permission slips" are just another way to increase revenue for the state.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Not at all Bob. Me myself, I have no problem with paying for a saltwater license. No different than payin for a hunting license and all the permits and stamps that ya need. I pay it becuse it's a sport that I love. Problem is ya can't just hit someone with a license and use smoke and mirrors when it comes to sayin how much it will be or where the money will go. As for the money going to fish and game for newer vehicles and the upkeep on said vehicles, there again I have no probelm with that. NJ Fish and game is so understaffed it's not funny. Poaching in and around my neck of the woods is a REAL problem. I see it every fishing season and hunting season. The best ya can do right now is get a plate number and report it which I do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks Dogg,
Like you I don't mind paying for a license for the things I like to do. I just don't like it when it goes to pay for things that have nothing to do with our sport. Maybe the bird watchers should need a license and that would help us all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here in De. we were the first to impose at State GFL with 3 to 1 matching funds from the fed gov't. The money goes to a dedicated fund, cannot be borrowed against or used for any other purpose than fishing management issues. There have been alot of states to follow what we have done.

We also had a council formed to appropriate where the money is to be spent.

I am surprised NJ didn't go for the same thing.

A fed lic. monies goes to the Treasury, roads, bridges, EIS, EA, ESA studies, corporate bail outs, you know the "important" stuff

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Yep Xray that would be a smart idea, but I doubt it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts