Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on when you can schedule a trip for the Sally T? When is the best time to contact them??

TIGHT LINES & FLAT SEAS :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey weakfish warrior, the sally t is located next to the dockside restuarnt located on vista circle. it is a couple hundred yards down from bubbas.capt pete is running weekend trips weather permiting through the winter. phone 487-2914. i fished sat. we fished a couple wrecks off shore. nothing was happening. only one tog was caught. weather forecast was not even close. it was very cold and windy.by the way the only fish caught was by the only guy who did not want to get in the pool.goes to show you cant win unless you throw your hat into ring. dennis

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can't win?? Are you trying to say that you don't win anything when you were the only person who caught a fish, just because you didn't gamble?

Maybe some persons just aren't that greedy. Congradulations to the one who got a fish!

·
Registered
56 Posts
no doad,i dont think you should join the pool if you dont want to. i also dont believe that those who join are greedy people. fact is since there was no winner most if not all gave their share to the mate plus some,no greed there.i am certaintly not trying to belittle the man for not joining in.he got a kick out of catching it,and all aboard did to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I fished on board the Super Sport II on Saturday. Fished about 50 miles offshore and caught some large sea bass. All fish caught were at least 3-4 pounds. I think there ended up being around 20-25 citations of fish over 5 pounds. Largest sea bass caught ended up being a little over 6 pounds. Also, to my surprise a 7 pound flounder was caught. Lots of small sharks were caught and did not have the chance to do any taug fishing because of the weather. Took us a little over 6 hours to get back to Lynnhaven. Seas were around 6-8 with swells around 10.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesnt the Super Sport sail out of Rudee or does it go out of lynnhaven? How much was the trip Batmaan47?

I was thinking of going on the Sally T this morning but decided not to may just wait til' next weekend :rolleyes:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Like some more information also because sitting around the house sucks. Did they throw the flounder back because of the season being closed? Seven Pounds of flat fish would hurt me throwing it back! Any numbers would help because I'm ready NOW!! :mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Super Sport II sails out of Rudee. I think they are only going out on the weekends until warmer temps arrive, unless you personally charter them for a small group. Capt. said it was the first time they made it out in 3 weeks. Full day trips cost $80.00. These were the biggest sea bass I have ever seen in my life. I would definately do it again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Batmaan, I had made reservations at rudee about two weeks ago(For Wreckfishing), but they were cancled due to weather. So I'm guessing the Super Sport II must be the headboat that is running the Full day Winter trips! Anyway thanks for the info, and for all the others that want the number to the fishing center it's 491-8000!! :D

P.S. I enjoy catching a headboat out during the dead middle of winter when you dont have a boat to get to the Hot Ditch, Those MONSTER SEA BASS (MAYBE A TOG or TWO) are definately a cure for that Cabin Fever every angler seems to suffer from this time of year!! ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Batmaan47 about how long of a ride out to the first wreck did it take? I know usually it takes them about an hour to locate inshore wrecks, but I could imagine how long it would take them to get to a wreck 50 miles out!! :D
, I'm going out this Sat. On the Super Sport II, is anyone else on the board going to be aboard??
P.S. I love when they fish the triangle wrecks during the summer because you have wide variety of species( anywhere from Seabass-Triggerfish) that inhabit the inshore wrecks!! ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The mate told me the wreck we fished was 59 miles out. Took us around 3 to 3 1/2 hours to get there. There are some massive sea bass out there. You wont pull anything smaller than 3 pounds up. Just make sure you have plenty of weight. They will give you 12 ounces, but I would at least add 8 more ounces to that. The key is to staying on the bottom. If you cant fish the stern, fish closest to the bow as possible to avoid tangles. There will be plenty of those and snags while your out there. Have a nice one....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, Usually when were fishing the inshore wrecks during the summer, we use about 6-8oz. of lead, but I know 50+ miles out you need at least 8-12 oz. because of strong offshore currents!!

THANKS B-MAN47 I will post a report(weather permitting) ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts