Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, more like Hickory. Again we had a great day, weather was sunny and only a slight breeze on occasion. We had a very nice field, with plenty of room.
No heavy hitters today, but just good die hard fishers, with mostly fishing gear.
The run down is as follows, we had Hookedup (who secured the local), Mungo (I think, correct me if I wrong), Steve Z ( very nice, knowledgeable fellow, with rods and ABUs of all flavors), medicdave66 (giving some new equipment the shake down), Saltycaster ( well, I think we've converted another to convntional) and yours truly.
We only set the markers to 500 feet and a few knocked on 450-460,but that's about all we could get.
The best part of the day was, being able to put different rods and reels in everyone's hands. A very big thanks to Steve Z, for throwing together so many different combo's. Steve has some nice stuff, and does a very nice job.
Smooth reels Steve. Not to mention he can flat throw, with very little effort.
Matt (mungo ?) had some nice gear and some with a unique twist. And Hooked had some top self stuff, just not cooperating 100%.

Hate that more of you guys couldn't make it, maybe next time. These are great events to have, as you get to met these guys face to face, and share tips and experiences.

Wish we would of had video and pics, but none that I'm aware of.

Thanks again Hookedup for the local, and thanks to all for a great day!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Once again I came as a spectator on a learning mission.(I learned allot)
I just want to thank everybody for allowing an inexperienced thrower as
myself for all the help!!!! Hookedup really hooked up a great place to
to throw. A special thanks to racewire and stevez for allowing a novice
to throw their stuff. Mongo, hope the tree squirrels recover, LOL.
Jeff, how do you backlash a baseball? hahaha

I had a great time and THANKS TO ALL !!!!

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,349 Posts
Sounds like a good time was had by all!!

You guys are ALL welcome to come down to Shallotte NC next weekend for the SE Open. Looks like I'll be running the show since Bob Sales had recent surgery.

It should be fun.

Tommy

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I really hate I missed this. Just to much stuff going on unexpectadly. I will be at the next one though

·
Registered
939 Posts
Good Stuff

great weather......lots of fun.......we will do this again in june once fishing season is over....special thanks to steve for letting me throw some "user friendly" reels lol..................great group.....i learned alot

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had a great time and was glad to meet some of the folks from the site here. I see I don't have the equipment to hang with casting over 300ft right now, but saw some that would make it that far with a lot of practice. Anyway, thanks to the ones who arranged everything, and you were right, I can't imagine a better field to cast in. I look forward to the next one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.