·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zziplex quattro 2 butts 6'and 5' butt.
Trade for and xtr or vmax f1.

Penn 526 t-mag 2 extra balanced spools.
trade for abu 7500 ct3

or email for prices, sorry no blue light specials here.

·
Registered
797 Posts
new quattro?

k-tom, is that the new quattra or the old model? i am looking for a 6' butt for a tip that i just got. i am in obx this weekend so i may stop by and say hi.

ralph

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not breaking up the set, will sell complete rod only.
Besides, this fall so far, far more large fish are in the sound, than the surf. North beach has been void of big fish with the exception of right after the storm, but you can't go up there anymore due to the heat back on, and the island opened back up.
Went out this afternoon, and had 6 or 7 fish that were all over 50.
Maybe its too early cause with all the breaks and holes that I have fished for the past several days have been void of fish.
Did get a couple of nice rock at OI tuesday night.
Course it proves what I have heard all along. The point is a no brainer, the scout and chase on the north beach, is far more of a challenge. Will be over in the village some this weekend, and behind Ocracoke, give me a call when you get in.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost forgot, its the same blank that you got from vicary. Dream machine butt. But might part with an old original aluminum butt that I have also.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Man thats tempting on the reels, I just dont think I can part with my blue 7500... I'll think on it tho.

Will be down on the 22nd for a couple days Tom, prolly up on the N Beaches, maybe I'll run into ya and we can work a deal.

Adam

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hey Tom , on the breakaway site I stated That I felt undergunned with a breakaway 11-9 targeting big drum (50+) and would rather stick with a heavier rod such as primo syncro or a 1508/1509. Adam thinks a 11-9 is perfect for big drum .You catch as many big drum as any one ,would you target these big ones with a 11-9 as your choice weapon ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an 11'9", and use it as a metal rod for stripers, and have had no problems. Did catch a 44 inch drum and with the rod and a 6500, I think a bit light for really big drum. This year I am down to fishing with nothing but 12lb. sufix. With the latter rod and reel a good set up. Not quite enough backbone for big fish.
The perfect drum rod which I used this spring, was the quattro sport tip on the shorter dream machine butt. Has put quite a few on the beach so far this fall. Went back to the abu 7500ct's cause with that small line it holds more, and I like the way it sits on a reel seat. Had a 535 mag but was too high, and could not get my thumb around the spool. And penns quality on this type of reel is light years behind abu. Bought two of the 7000 hsn's and had a friend make me a spacer bar, to remove the lw. Have finally found a replacement for my old and trusted penn 970.
Stick with a rod either a 1508 or 1509, and you can get a fish on the beach quicker and release him quicker so you can catch him again some day. But for yearlings and puppies, the 11'9" is also a good rod and will get the job done. Wish they would make it in an extra fast taper.

·
Registered
738 Posts
For the record, I didnt say the 11'9" was perfect for big drum, all I said is it will get the job done. However I still fish mine for drum, where I have room to manuever(NOT at the Point).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts