3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557
Phone: 252-247-3883

Wednesday, January 28, 2004
Blockade Runner
275 Waynick Boulevard
Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480
800-541-1161 or 910-256-2251

the information on this topic can be found in the fishing issues forum.

Tight Lines

Tim

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
DD, I think the reason they don't have any up here is Cato. I have seen him at a Striper meeting.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not sure how they select the locations for the meetings. I would have thought they would spread it out more so the ones that wanted to attend from HI didn't have to drive forever. As Wilber said it could be from people at past meetings at HI. They're looking to try and get both the recreational and commercial anglers onboard with this. The more backing they have from fishermen and women the less proof they need that it will work. From what i've seen there has been no studies showing that MPA's have any effect at all on the overall populations of fish. Although in theory it should work, there's just no proof saying it does.

I'm hoping what happened in Florida with the MPA they currently have dosen't repeat up here. Those that are planning to attend both recreational and commerccial, be sure to get all the info first, read the document available about the meeting on the SAFMC website. There were also a couple other good websites mentioned on this topic in the Fishing Issues forum.

I'm going to try to make it to the NCMFC Southern Flounder Advisory Committee meeting on the 27th then this one on the 28th but it's going to depend on work.

Tight Lines

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts