Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this question has been asked already, but are Sabiki rigs illegal in Virginia? Someone told me today that fisherman are only allowed 2 hooks per rig in VA law? Needless to say he's the same "know it all" who told me croaker aren't running yet (Mid May), you can't can't fish at Buckroe Pier, and water moccasins are only found near salt water. o_O

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stumbled across them at Wilcox one day and decided to try them out, I have never seen them in Bass Pro or Dicks but then again I wasn't really looking. I have never seen them at my Walmart in Suffolk, but it doesnt really host diverse selection of salt water tackle.

·
Registered
460 Posts
bass pro has them and almost any bait shop has them. they come in diffrnt size test. they are great if blue are real heavy or your trying to catch thradfin for bait or trout. also if your at a pier and there is a chum bag some there on the pier drop it right beside it but not to close were you will snag the chum bag and you will catch almost anything. hope this helps

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bass pro has them and almost any bait shop has them. they come in diffrnt size test. they are great if blue are real heavy or your trying to catch thradfin for bait or trout. also if your at a pier and there is a chum bag some there on the pier drop it right beside it but not to close were you will snag the chum bag and you will catch almost anything. hope this helps
Could you break down the chum bag to me? What do you need? I caught ALOT of trout on a shrimp sabiki rig with japanese #16 hooks. Only one was a keeper size though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
exactly, that guy is crazy he swear he knows everything. I have seen them in the James River but no where near the open ocean.
I've been around almost 60 years I seen cottonmouth in brackish water and freshwater never I say never near saltwater that I know of

1 - 14 of 14 Posts