Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vacation to the outer banks is going down the toilet. The only days I fished were the first two days when the Spanish were hitting on
Sept 20-21. I am staying in Nags Head through Sept 29th. Typically after a big blow, the Spot show up in droves after the wind stops and the
water starts to settle a bit. The only problem is that the onshore flow may not end, but turn more to the east and decrease in speed. Therefore,
I am worried that seas may be too rough for any meaningful pier fishing (besides Drum) through Tuesday. Anyone have a recommendation for which
pier is the best for Spot if you had to choose between Avalon, Nags Head, Jennettes and Outer Banks? Anyone optimistic for Spot fishing early next week?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that sucks. These northeast facing beaches are harder to fish in general. SW wind sucks because the water gets dirty due to upwelling, and NE wind over 15 kts sucks because waves get too high. You just cant win. :)

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
My vacation to the outer banks is going down the toilet. The only days I fished were the first two days when the Spanish were hitting on
Sept 20-21. I am staying in Nags Head through Sept 29th. Typically after a big blow, the Spot show up in droves after the wind stops and the
water starts to settle a bit. The only problem is that the onshore flow may not end, but turn more to the east and decrease in speed. Therefore,
I am worried that seas may be too rough for any meaningful pier fishing (besides Drum) through Tuesday. Anyone have a recommendation for which
pier is the best for Spot if you had to choose between Avalon, Nags Head, Jennettes and Outer Banks? Anyone optimistic for Spot fishing early next week?
Avalon..

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Sabiki rig to a 3 sided 12 should get the job done

1 - 13 of 13 Posts