Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out this morning about 9:00, lots of white perch on the ol' peeler crab and nothing on the bunker. Played with the perch, (used two rods, one peeler one bunker) did get some 14" - 16" stripers on the bunker. Then that stopped about 12:30. Put some peeler on for the white perch, and about 1:00 had a hit. Thought I tagged a ray, just lunkered there, as I pulled figured seagrass or worse a snag, lost rig, but then a run. I'm telling you my friend (though she wasn't a monster), I pulled and pulled, got her close and another run. That baby made four or five exhilerating runs, and when I get her in what the heck do I find on the end of my line? A 26", beautiful striper:jawdrop:

Glen (or maybe it was Greg) from shock trauma and Andre from DC were there, so I had witnesses. Dang nab it, sure felt GOOD! Thanks for your turning me on to the area, only wished you were there;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Nice fish shaggy! Did that one find its way to your cooler:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Nice! By the way did it have any girth to it? What was the weight of it. Just wondering if they still have any thickness to em.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No actual weight, but she wasn't what I would call fat. From feel, I'd say 6 - 7 pounds. Ain't complaining though.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hopefully there is another one out there like that cause that is what I think is going to win that pool on sat. Or if we are lucky a nice large trout! Can't wait

1 - 8 of 8 Posts