Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've stopped in the last several mornings just to drink a cup of coffee and watch (rod in the car in case anything crazy is going on)....The flounder bite is very consistant and consistantly they are small. The dredge recently cut the area close to the restaurant so it's deeper along the north side rocks...maybe the trout will start cruising that side :) . Minnows and squid (alone and together) have been producing. This morning in 30 mins I probably saw 15 fish (no keepers) (5 folks fishing). Grass was kinda thick as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
LouDog,

How's come I never see any posts about the Virginia Beach Pier? You know ... Ocean Eddie's and all ... Are there no fish there?? ... or is that pier a local taboo?

Just wunderin'

:confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What castaway said.....unfortunately. Pier is often crowded and in the summer the boaters and jet skiers are too numerous and, ummmmmm how do I say this nicely.......Stupid.
There is also the issue of parking and paying to get on the pier and the traffic associated with it.

I grew up on that pier when ole Miss Lockman use to run the booth. I'd say the best time for the pier is before Memorial day and after Labor.

No offence to the tourists, I just like to wind down rather than up when I relax.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Way too much activity around there these days. I've seen kings up to 40 lbs and cobia up to 70 lbs back in the late 70's/early 80's.
I understand there was pretty good drum fishing in the early 70's as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No limit ... No size restriction ...

Let's fish ... (please???)

I actually caught a tourist this afternoon ... He was from Jersey I think ... Good size ... (ugly tho) ...

phew ... tired now ...

·
Registered
196 Posts
From the looks of some of them, maybe there ought to be a maximum size :D .

.....Kurt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts