Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleared the Jetty on my kayak around 615 this morning. Fished low tide for Spanish and blues. Manhaiden are in full Force right now. Huge schools being chased down by dolphins going the length of the residential beach front property. The channel had a steady and fast current running south about 20 yards past the tip of the southern jetty. Hung a manhaiden up retrieving my spoon, so I floated one for about 30 min with no takers. Saw two good size Spanish darting through the schools and catching air. Hooked two blues both close to a 1lbs a piece. I’m waiting for the toothy critters to start feeding on the manhaiden schools. Anticipating some solid drag pulls in the following weeks. Tight lines everyone!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thank God! Good News! When did this happen?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Omega didn't get shut down and the moratorium didn't go into effect. That was a threat by the ASFMC to lower the harvest CAP, which Virginia did in order to maintain the fishery and to NOT shut down Omega. The legislation also only covers fish harvested in Virginia waters, and Omega operates its vessels mostly in coastal US Territory waters up and down the coast.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Omega didn't get shut down and the moratorium didn't go into effect. That was a threat by the ASFMC to lower the harvest CAP, which Virginia did in order to maintain the fishery and to NOT shut down Omega. The legislation also only covers fish harvested in Virginia waters, and Omega operates its vessels mostly in coastal US Territory waters up and down the coast.

Well that's still Good news for all.. Thanks for the updated article/clarification.👍

·
Registered
36 Posts
wish omega would be shutdown they practically kill the Bay! there should be no harvest of menhaden for like 5 years for md/va/de/nc/nj and jesus u see recovery!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts