Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the inlet on the Croatan side across from the seawall from 3:30-6:30. Caught 8 sub 12" flounder on chartruese assassins. LOTS of bait in the water, with blues chasing some of the schools and biting off the assassin tails as the jig sank.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Shoeless it's good to here you're catching something, nothing for the frying pan but it's always good to have a jerk on the other end of the rod.;) I'm about ready to try anything myself, it's been way too long since I've felt that adrenaline rush, might give the grass beds near Crab Creek a go this weekend and see if they're holding the Specks & Pups like last year. You did'nt happen to throw any metal @ those taylors while you were there, did you?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Shoeless, where do you park and how do you get to the parking on the Croatan side of Rudee Inlet? I've always wanted to fish from that side but thought there wasn't any place to park over there.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is street parking on the Croatan side, but you have to get lucky to get close. I didn't throw and metal, just jigs and gotchas.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
The only thing that sucks @ parking on the Croatan side side is you set times you can park there and time when you have to leave.
I think you can't park there b4 6am and you have to beat it @ 7 pm.

Sometimes I wish I was rich..........

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yep they used to give you a $10 ticket (about like paying for parking) now you get towed, I got towed it sucked, I havnt been back in 2 months

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Rockhead - You can thank the 2-3 council members that live in Croatan for that ticket. Parking was a big stink last year thanks to a few Croatan residents complaining about beachgoers parking. They think because they pay atleast 750k for a house, they own the beach too. Guess what, they live at a PUBLIC beach. What makes them different from the N. End residents? They allow parking on the streets at the N. End. Can you tell I'm still irrated by this?
OK - I'm off my box.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Parked there a lot to surf the jetty break, but a few inconsiderate A-holes that did the change under the towel trick in front of to many peoples houses & families & made them want to get rid of us surfers. I remember walking the inlet back there by Lake Wesley to fish too, but as the old saying goes; money talks and B.S. walks, so they got rid of us fisher-folks too as the 750K+ houses went up.We won't even talk about Greekfest!! Thing is the lawers & rich guys make most of the laws and they usually cater to themselves.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yea I have talked to a few homeowners over there, there complaint is mainly on the surfers who " cuss and use profanity, expose themselves, and drink and do drugs while parked in front of million dollar houses" having been part of that surfing community I know all those things do happen there, but now that im more into fishing I have to suffer at the expense of the surfers. According to the same homeowners the move is for eliminating ALL onstreet parking and only allowing parking at the southend pendleton lot...that would be a real long walk!

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
So does that mean they(the milion dollar home owners)are except from paying taxes?I pay my taxes,you pay your taxes and surfer's pay there taxes,so what seperates us from them?The answer=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So what if I don't own a home in Croatan,I can't afford 1,but does that restrict me from having my City,state and federal tax dollars deffered from spending @ Croatan?Where does it say anywhwere that Croatan is a private beach?Is there a fence or a gate when entering that community?NO.........

At a federal level.......
If Sandbridge is hit by a major hurricane and needs federal relief,don't you think them home owners will be standing in line to get there money....probably not(that's what they pay their lawyer's for).Gotta love F.I.C.A.I know every check I have received for the past 14 years gets a nice chunk taken out....Completely understand that our tax dollars run the government

At the state level.......
So Croatan needs a new road,servicing of a stop sign/light,or more fire hydrants to service all those million dollar homes.SO who do you think sports the tab on these projects?I don't think any of them rich folk would spend their own money to by a fire hydrant for some one else....Don't think so.So what do they do?Time to dig into the state budget.I don't think me and you have a leg to stand on when it comes to spending our taxes.See what happens when we stop paying taxes.....NOT a GOOD Thing

So what does that mean to us?
Just because we can't afford or choose not to live in those houses or neighborhood,WHAT makes them dictate what we can legally and constitutionally do on Tax payer's streets.How can they dictate when,where I park,if that road is much ours as theirs.

I understand those people have worked very hard to live and afford those houses,and I envy them.But that is my choice.But when they choose to discriminate the working class from enjoying Mother Nature's gift of the oceanand sand,I can't be but PI$$ed of!!!!

Segregation ended decades ago.
So why do the surfers and fishermen have to fish in the back,and the rich can build homes in the front?

My .02 cents.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
amen ns4d. its just b.s. politics and money. theres not much we can really do. if that little section of beach and inlet was in ocean view ..do you think there would be a problem..nope! that place is a real gem as far as surfing and fishing goes...if they do get rid of all onstreet parking there will be a hell of a mess down there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts