Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the southside on (license in pocket) from 3:30-7. Hooked up with 12 flounder, one at 19". Had a blue on for a bit and lost it. Lots of bait in the water on a great day to wet a line. All fish released to fight another day.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I like that man throwing that 19" back. Two thumbs up for you Shoeless.

THROW SOME / MORE / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeahhhh, uh two thumbs up.......(as I toss my cast net in the direction of the release ;) )

Is it legal to fish the Croatan side rocks? I've seen some nice trout pulled from that side (Sat I saw 4 within one hour (4-5 pounders))...I wish I had a camcorder cause those dudes were funny as sh&$!......They would scramble and slip and slide all over those rocks when they got one on and then preceeded to net it as though it was a butterfly!....and they didn't loose any of them! Good work, but still funny and thankfully no one got hurt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've tried there the last couple of Fridays, no joy. Been slinging storms, bucktails and various other soft plastic. No takers.

Dave

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about the vague report. I was using 1/4 oz chartreuse jig head with opening night assassin. I tried the electric chicken but only picked up one with few hits. The silversides were in schools of thousands, so match the hatch worked. I had a short that shook and regurgitated about a dozen minnows in various stages of digestion all over me.

I was fishing along the seawall on the Fishing Center property. I'd give you two thumbs up Jake, but I broke my left one a couple of weeks ago and it is at half mast.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about the vague report. I was using 1/4 oz chartreuse jig head with opening night assassin. I tried the electric chicken but only picked up one with few hits. The silversides were in schools of thousands, so match the hatch worked. I had a short that shook and regurgitated about a dozen minnows in various stages of digestion all over me.

I was fishing along the seawall on the Fishing Center property. I'd give you two thumbs up Jake, but I broke my left one a couple of weeks ago and it is at half mast.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm still a lil confused about where you were.... The Fishin center sea wall I thought was no trespass....were you there or aong the rocks near the bridge? I need a GPS to navigate on land ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shhhh.....I was trespassing. It's one of the best places in the inlet for flounder, but in the past I have caught some really nice ones on the rocks near the bridge.

·
Registered
160 Posts
fished the inlet this morning caught a few small flounder and a puppy drum on minnow. saw alot of small flounder caught and a nice 35 in blue. there were insane amounts of bait in the water like i have never seen before. just a quik report

buzz

"sit back and catch a buzz"

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fished again today from 2-6. Caught 10 flounder, the largest 20". Sorry Jake, this one is goin' in my belly! Also caught a decent blue and a keeper blue crab. 8 of the flounder were caught on a...chartreuse gotcha plug dragged along the bottom. Also saw a large something chase an 8" flounder to the top. It was pretty big and at first I thought it was a cobe, but it wasn't dark enough. Maybe a shark or a decent sized puppy drum.

W

·
0 Posts
Shoeless,
Have you been to Sandbridge at all. If so, how are the fish bitting. I will probably be down again in July. Or end of month.

Thanks West

·
Registered
160 Posts
shoeless
we have to meet up i am interested in your little flatty hideout! i am hurting for a few good flounder! are you heading out again soon?

buzz

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Westmi...I was going to the LIP last week and was told in the parking lot to not waste my time. So turned around and eventually hit Rudee. I have been waiting for the waters to warm a little more before I become a pier rat for the summer.

buzz...I may head out there again today. All you need to do is park along the white curb near the condo at the foot of the Rudee Inlet bridge on the southside and walk to the seawall. Almost dead center is where I have been doing well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts