Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just got back from a fishing marathon lol....fished end of will spit from 5pm-8pm yesterday....not even a bite...have live minnows,squid,bloodworms and nightcrawlers.....left there came home and got some warmer clothes and headed to rudee inlet... fished there from 9:30pm to 10 am this morning!!....i targeted flounder all night with live gudeon minnows...caught 35+....quit counting at 25 lol.....biggest i caught was 17 ".... had a few 16's...all were between 10" and 17".....also caught a few horse croaker 15"-16" last night.... this morning the spot and horse croaker bite was going good...biggest croakers i've seen yet....couple of stargazers and oyster toads too..... had a great time... but i'm tired as hell lol..i need sleep cuz my friend wants to go fishing about 4pm today :( , prob pull another all nighter..doh!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice Going

That's a real assortment, and a bunch of Flatties. Pretty Work!!!! I haven't fished that inlet yet this season. I'll probably scoot down there after this week of cooler weather and give it a go. Sounds like you've found a good spot. Keep at it and Good Luck!!!

Zigh
><((((*>
:D

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i'm up and my buddy is on his way over with minnows .....prob gonna head over to rudee's again or lynnhaven inlet..duck inn side...anyone out there tonight ..say hey.....gonna be 2 guys..with tica rod's and i'll be wearing a white hard rock cafe cap..

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well..went back again tonight... fished rudee inlet from 6pm to 1am.....SCRATCHED!.. notta..zlich!!:( ....i fished for flounder all night with gudeons...not even a bite... hardly anything was being caught, except a hand full of croaker and couple of spot... but one of those croaker was the biggest i've seen yet... it was 19 inches! what a cow!... oh well i guess i had my fun last night so scratching tonight is easier to take lol....comeonnnnn striper run:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rudde Inlet

There was a short note in the Richmond paper that some stripers were being caught alongside the jetty, I assume on the "beach side." Any recent word on that? Or at Lynnhaven inlet? Thanks.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Rudee Stripers

I had read a report a week ago on TIDALFISH, that some folks were doing the C&R thing out just past the beach side jetty from a boat. They were using live Croaker and Spot to catch some decent fish.....Some were caught casting artificials, too. They had moved on last I heard, but it might be a good place to check out on one of these cooler NE blow evenings?! GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
about 3 weeks ago..i rented a boat and fished just the inside of the jetty at the mouth of the inlet...2 guys in a lil 12fter was on the very end of vb side of the jetty and was throwin whole croaker and pulling striper out....they left and we moved in lol....i started throwing bucktails in there and didnt catch anything:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you rent the boat right at Rudde Inlet? That sounds very interesting. I almost never use anything but artificials from shore but would be tempted to use live bait if I could get to the end of the jetty. My "old" legs and eyes make it too scarey to walk out on that jetty at night OR day even though I have seen others do it and I know the sign is there about not going out on the rocks. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Kajun

Thanks for the reports on the inlet. Just a quick question for Kajun. Being an X-Ray Tech thought you may know the answer. I have heard that Radiation changes the molecular structure of a golf ball making it fly further when hit. If so would it be possible to change the molecular structure of fishing lures & sinkers allowing us to cast them further? LOL:)

TGIF

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
sorry dude.. all i can do is tell you what the inside of your lure looks like lol..wheres an engineer when we need them?

petey...i rented the boat from portsmouth naval hospital recreation dept....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.